cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve data from database on abode

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi currently i having a problem when i now enter a memberid on abode, i want to able to retrieve some fields of data from database like.. membername and memberposition..

wonder is there any tutorial for retrieve data... or can say function call prefill data...

beside that i also have another problem that is when the pdf load, i wish to load the data into a dropdownlist.. but then i only manage to load the 1st row of the table.

also wonder is there any tutorial for it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could create an interactive form based on the abap context, writing abap code which fills this context based on a set parameter in an interactive form should not be that difficult.

The main thing is to get your schema and context right.

You could also try to put a "tcode" field in your context so you can use the onSubmit function, and make it react on the value within that tcode. e.g. "getdata" for getting data into the context, and "save" for doing the actual submit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I realized that I just needed a better understanding of how the context works. Then I was able to find many code examples.

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am struggling with the same issue. I would like to see some code examples of how to retrieve data from the SAP databases (after the user presses a "Get Data" button) and then move that data into the Adobe Form context. It was easy in WebDynpro for Java, but I'm not sure how to do it in WebDynpro for ABAP.

Can anyone point me to a code sample?

Thanks,

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you explain more in detail regarding the requirement.

Best Regards,

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saujanya GN,

currently, i have problem retrieve data from my database with the specific data enter by the users.

Example: the person who download and open the interactive claim form, inside the form there is alot of fields for the user to fill it up.. but i wish to do it more dynamic, when the user enter it own id, some of the fields will automatically fill up... for him like his name, his address and even phone no and etc.

wonder is there any examples and tutorials i can look into it....

another problem is about dynamic bind data that are in database.

Example: i have this country table and i wish to reload into the database when open.. but currently i only able to load the 1st row of the country table into the dropdownlist.

so again wonder is there any examples or tutorials or even guides which i can look and try it out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can have a look at ISR forms or HCM forms and forms which support interactive forms enabled with data fetch from the Master Data and as well as with checks enabled .

Search with these terms in help.sap.com.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

i try to read on ISR and HCM forms but then currently dont have much ideas on both of them.. but then i manage to find another way which is <b>ADBC</b> but then when i try to code it.. it was unsuccessfully...

is there any sample or tutorial for it?