cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy and Run in NetweaverDeveloperStudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i say Deploy and Run the application in NetweaverDeveloperStudio.I am getting an error says

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

I checked in my PC by giving command telnet<host><port> its working but coming to NWDS its not working.

Can anyone suggest me in this.

thanks,

kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan ,

Apart from this ..

check your server in NWDS (Windows ->prefferences->J2EE Enginee if it is down right click on J2E instance00 your server name and start your server if it not showing green signal ( Try to specify IP address instead of host name )

Please get back if you need further assistance !

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

when i checked the J2ee engine it is showing in red symbol and saying that

message server is not responding in 60secs.please check if the message server is running and also check the socket has been established.

how to check the messege server is running or not

is it TCode SMICM

Any suggestions.

thanks,

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan ,

SDM service should be up and running to deploy development .

You can check the log / cause \usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<SYSNO>\j2ee\cluster\server0

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thanks a lot for helping me in this but still i am not getting problem is when i check the J2ee Engine

Dispatcher and server0 is in green status but my SDM is in red status.

and also when i run my application it is asking for admin ID and Password .where can i set all these parameters ,

Could you please help me in this.

thanks,

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan ,

That means your SDM process is not up .

Plesae check teh url to start SDM :

http://www.basisconsultant.com/index.php?Itemid=48&id=221&option=com_content&task=view

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Now i am getting an error like

Sep 26, 2007 5:47:53 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[008]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : PUNGDC1201501

SDM port : 0

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/Bchakra/LOCALS1/Temp/temp36023sap.com~project1.ear

Deployment exception : Server PUNGDC1201501 did not accept login request as admin on port 0. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server PUNGDC1201501 at port 0: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine

Inner exception was : Server PUNGDC1201501 did not accept login request as admin on port 0. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server PUNGDC1201501 at port 0: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine

Can give me suggestions to resolve it.

thanks,

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Please try the foloowing steps:

1) Make the SDM server manually up. For that go to /usr/sap/<SID>/DV.../SDM/program foloder and then execute StartServer.sh (UNIX) / StartSDM.bat (WINDOWS)

For further details on this step refer Link -->

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/38dd12e31c40b9ae36f03fc9e0d291/frameset.htm

2) Make sure that the SDM is up and running now. You could check this using the jcmon utility.

jcmon pf=PATH_OF_SAP_INSTANCE_PROFILE

For details on this step please refer --> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d3/4d074147c1f06fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Next please select the local admin option and then go to proces list and check the status.

If it is down then make a dump trace and analyze it!

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi premkishan,

Thanks a lot for your reply.but still i am struggling.here the problem is when i deploy an application it is asking me only the password but here i don't know which password i have to give.here i am having all authorisation.could you please tell me how can i get authorisation for SDM.means where can i mention the details of adminId and Password in NWDS.

thanks,

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan ,

You will require the SDM user ID and password to deploy the application using NWDS .

Please contact System Administrator for the same I hope that is ony the issue with you .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Good to see you.yes you are right.but here when i say deploy it is only asking password not the UserId.I don't know how it is taking the Id defaultly.It is also taking the SDM port as default.

Could you please tell me where can i mention SDM details (Host,port,ID and password)

thanks,

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan ,

It is nice to see that you are on correct track, as I told you earlier mention Host, port...

In NWDS (Windows ->preferences->J2EE Engine if it is down right click on J2E instance.

The led will be red till you specify correct host & port (Take an assist from Basis to track port).

No need to specify user ID (NWDS will take care of that).

In your case

<b>here when I say deploy it is only asking password not the UserId</b>

Specify SDM password (From Basis / Netweaver team).

Regards,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked if your SDM process is running properly or NOT?