cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing sales orders after bill-of-material changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Quite often we have changes to our bill of materials half way through their life cycle. The problem is that at the point we make the change to the BOM, we still may have backorders on the system. These backorders all have the old BOM against them and are therefore out of date.

So far we have just been rekeying them, but it is becoming a lengthy process when there are hundreds of them. The mass change facility in VA05 (Edit-Mass change-New Material) does not work for bundles.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can refresh our backorders to pick up the new BOM details?

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jon,

try this. go to transaction code MASS. select the sales order object. go to vbrp table and change the field of the material code. for this to happen the material code field shud be chnageable in the sales order, you shud before hand the sales orders which need to be changed and teh correcpondence between old and new mat codes.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I tried MASS but the MATNR is not an open field for change therefore thsi does not work.

I am thinking that an ABAP program is my only way.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have similar issue but i done some work around inthis. Our requirement is at the time of booking sales order our Final BOM is not confirmed and its conifmred before production. So as per standard once BOM is explore and its not change again or refresh.

What we done was through User Exit we opend the Item category field in sales order and in item category config we maintained the settings as follows -

OR ERLA TAQ TAN

At first time system create sales order with Item category as TAQ weather BOM there or not, after some time once our BOM is confirmed what we do is we change Item cagetory from TAQ to TAN and then again TAQ in this situation BOM again reexplore in sales order.

Actually its not much good solution but its just work around for our problem.

If helpful provide rewards

Rgds

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - this is a useful answer. However, our item category for the parent item of the BOM is greyed out for change, so we cannot change it - I always thought this was standard SAP for item categories which had a structure scope setting, but perhaps I am wrong.

Jon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

There is no need to change your sale orders, whether you run MRP or not. BOM change will not have any implication on sale orders.

To explain further, you have created some 10 sale order for one FERT last month and again during this month, you are creating another 20 orders for the same FERT.

Due to some obvious reasons, if you change the BOM of the respective FERT, it wont hit the old 10 orders, whether you run MRP or not. After producing the goods (whether it is make to stock or make to order), once the production people makes production entry and transfer the stock to FERT location, you can very well make invoice without any problem.

Hope this explanation clarifies your doubt and if so, reward points please.

Regards

G. Lakshmipathi