cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget availability check when settle from WBS to WBS within 1 project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a project structure with 2 WBS elements (1 subordinate to the other) and a network with activities to the lower WBS-element.

I created an overall budget that was distributed in total to the WBS-structure (all WBS elements have a budget) and next budget was released in total.

I created costs at the activity: Budget check showed no problem.

Next I run the different settlement activities separately that belong to the settlement of a project.

I settled the costs from network activities to the linked WBS-element: Budget check showed no problem.

I settled the costs from the lower WBS-elemt to the higher WBS-element of the project hierarchy: Budget check showed an error!

The budget was exceeded according the message. The exceeded amount was exactly the amount that was settled in the previous step. This means that there was no room left to settle the costs to the higher WBS-element.

In my opinion the costs are already checked against the budget in the previous step (from network to WBS). When settling the costs from the WBS-element to the higher WBS-element it seems that the settling activity again tries to consume budget for the same amount and in that way sees that there is no budget left.

This looks like an error. Is anyone familiar with this effect?

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The flow I described seems to be standard SAP. See note 159850. However I still looks very strange to me.

Regards,

Paul