cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undeployment of Application specific component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to undeploy my application specific specific component from Netweaver Application server.While deployibng it creates entries in MaxDB and also in Dictionary.I would like to know if i use SDM to undeploy the SCA files specigfic to this component will it deletes the database entries also.If not Kindly suggest the procedure to follow.Its very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Undeploying using SDM will totally undeploy the application component. You can do the same by going to the undeployment tab and selecting the particular component you want to undeploy.

Regards,

Veera

Edit:

If you have done the necessary steps, please mark the question as answered and reward points if my post was useful to you.

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Undeploying with SDM we could find that our application specific dbcontent is not undeployed and so there are certain tables still remaining.How can we undeploy these things.

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well in that case you can log in as DBA/DBM using the shortcut in Start Menu For Example Start-> All Programs/Programs->MaxDB->Command Line Tools->DBM Command Line Interface.

Here log into your Max DB database as DBA or DBM and delete the necessary tables using the drop table SQL command.

Edit:

If you are not able to find the Start Menu shortcut, you can use the command prompt to navigate to your programs/pgm folder in your Max DB installation folder. For Example : c:\sdb\programs\pgm and then you can start the dbmcli.exe with flag dbmcli.exe -key -n -d -u

Hope this solves your problem,

Award points and mark the question as answered if your problem is solved.

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have tried starting dbmcli.exe by double clicking on exe file.I wiould like to know

how to start based on flag as you have mentioned below as i am not aware of it.Once the dbmclie.exe is started where we have to write the drop table command i tried the command in the cmd prompt that opened while double clicking on dbmcli.exe and i showed drop table command not found.

Kindly help

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeraraagavan,

If we drop the table the data will be lost and so we would like to have some other alternative.Do you know how to undeploy dbcontent.

After undeploying with SDM there are two files which are remaining one is dbcontent and another is dictionary.We want to know how to undeploy dbcontent by keeping dictionary

Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way to do this is Right Click on dbmcli.exe and choose Send To->Desktop (As shortcut). If you are not able to find the option in the Right Click Pop up menu. Just right click on any blank are inside the folder where dbmcli.exe is there and choose New->Shortcut and specify the same exe (that is dmcli.exe) as target.

After the shortcut is created, Right Click on the Shortcut ->Click "Properties"

in the properties dialog box, you will find the target. Here add the flags to the target and click on OK. Now double click the icon. It will ask for the server name. Put your server name/Host name, then it will ask the dbname, enter the same, it will ask the user, put the DBA username ot DBM username, then it will ask for password, type the same and press enter, you will be logged in to the database if you enter all the right details of your installation. Now you can do the necessary steps.

Where is this dbcontent and dictionary file located in your system?

You giving me the location details may help in solving the same.