cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavigationEventsHelperService in .Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in , I want to retrieve the top level Root node of an IView.

I have achieved this functionality in a Java IView using INavigationService, NavigationEventsHelperService API's.

I want to build this IView with similar functionality in .Net, but I was not able to figure out the corresponding API or Portal Service in .Net for the same.

Can anyone please let me know how can I achieve this using .Net.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vivek

PS - Points will be definitely rewarded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

What do you mean by "top level Root node of an IView"? do you mean the iView tray?

Currently the PDK.NET does not support this portal functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tsachi,

By "top level Root node of an IView" , I mean the Role name to which the IView is assigned.

Let me explain

I have 2 scenarios

1. Role1-> IView

2. Role2-> IView

Iviews in 1 & 2 are the same IViews assigned to different Roles.

Now If a clicks on IView under Role1 I should get top level root node as Role1, and when a user clicks on IView under Role2, I should get top level root node as Role2.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still don't understand.

what do you mean by click on an iView? Do you mean

clicking on a link to that iView from a different iView?

What do you mean by "a user clicks on IView under Role2, I should get top level root node as Role2"?

From what I understand this scenario simulates the problem:

User1 is in role1.

User2 is in role2.

IView2 is in role1 and role2.

the following javascript is attached to a link's click action event:

EPCM.doNavigate('pcd://portal_content/Role2/iview2')

When user1 clicks this link an error occurs

and when user2 clicks this link he will reach iView2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tsachi,

Let me explain -

I have top level roles as R1 and R2.

R1 R2

I1 I1

I1 is an IView assigned to both the roles R1 and R2.

Now I assign these roles R1 and R2 to a user U1.

When U1 logs in , he sees R1 and R2 as top level navigation, under which we have placed the same IView I1.

Now when I click on I1 under R1, I should get a root node as R1, and when I click on I1 under role R2, I should get a root node as R2.

Hope it is clear now.

Let me know if you still have any doubts.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I understand the scenario, and the problem (I think), but what exactly is it you are trying to achieve with knowing the "root node"? I mean, once you have this root node, what will you do with it? I'm asking since if we knew that, we might offer a solution, or a workaround.

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ofer...

we are trying to pass the name of the role from the portal to the application we are trying to integrate in to the portal.The application is a running application in .NET.

In the actual application we are asssigning the roles to the user... now we want to move the user management part to the portal.. we kind of want to have a mapping between the portal and the aplication.

so for that we need the name of the role which we can pass to the aplication to get the data into the portal.

we are looking for an equivalent of NavigationEventsHelperService which atre there for Java PDK.

if such an api is not available in .NET pdk then is there any other way we can acheieve the result which we get by using the above mentioned api.

regards

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use the PortalComponent Instance property of an iView and from that conclude what is the role that is being viewed.

string pcdFullPath = this.InstanceName;

And then to parse it.

Actually the InstanceName property will return the location of the iView in the pcd, and that includes the whole hierarchy, which includes the role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I understand. So I also understand that just finding out the role of the user (using the user management service) isn't enough, since you want to know which role he is "using" at that moment.

so I guess the only thing I can think of is what Tsachi and me found for you - see Tsachi's post.

Regards,

Ofer

-

Have you filled the PDK survey yet? You can win an MP3 player!!!

http://feedback.sap.com/efs/vote?campaign=39c7899ecca40a6709a638bd0388ac8b&org=332

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tsachi,

thanks for ur help on this.

it was very very helpful.

thanks so much

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ofer,

thanks for ur help too.......

regards