cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print from DMS directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a requirement that document should be printed directly from DMS. i came to kno from someone that there is s program named MCDOKPRT which can solve my problem. But i tried that program, it is giving me some text and not displaying or printing the actual document which has been loaded using the Tcode CV01n.

Pls help

any suggestions most welcomed.

Regards

Kshitij

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij,

If you want to print originals directly from a DMS transaction (CV02N or CV03N)

it is necessary that you have defined workstation application type "3" (print) for the relevant workstation application and the frontend type in transaction DC30.

Further it is necessary that your Windows folder options are also maintained correctly. Please see the following sample for the direct print of PDF files:

I would recommend to do the following steps:

1. Open Microsoft Explorer

2. Menue: Tools > Folder options > File types

3. Select "PDF" and press button "Advanced"

4. There should be a input called "print". If there is no such entry

please create it by pressing the button "New"

5. Into the action field please insert "print" and to application used..

write the Acrobat application path (see sample picture attached)

Back to SAP system at transaction DC30:

1. Select "PDF" and then select "define Workstation application"

2. Edit entry: PC PDF 3 (application type) %Auto%

3. Save

After creating this settings the pdf document should be printed by

directly. Only the empty Reader (without displaying a file) opens.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please award points of the information is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Christoph,

Thanks for your interest.

Let me restate my requirement. Assuming a scenario where we have already uploaded a number of documents (images) onto the DMS.

If I use standard transaction CV02n (Create Document) and attach a number (say 10) images to this document.

In the image preview that follows on doubleclicking a image, I can use Viewer->Print. This prints that single image only

Can I print all 10 of these attached images in a single go.

Alternatively, Is there a way (by means of a standard/custom development) to print a single or preferably, all of these 10 images at one go.

regards

-Kshitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph

I want to know wheather is it possible, eithe rby badi or some user exit that

1. printing docuemnt key data on original as header and footer, in original this dat is empty, only while taking printout, system will fetch dat from respective table, DRAW and print.

2. if not possible through std badi, user exit, can it be developed ?

thanks and regards

mandar sathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have any answers to your question? i need to do the same with dms documents.

thanks.

Mm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to more secure transactions in SAP , it's not feasible to print many documents at a time. At a time one can print only one document.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone got a solution for printing pdf from spool when the pdf is gernerated other than from SAP.  One can easily get pdf to spool using ADS_GET_PATH, ADS_SR_CONFIRM and ADS_SR_CLOSE.

We have SEAL but are now trying to get away from that 3rd party software and handle most of our prod order printing via another process using ipad interfacing.

Seems to me weak to have DMS and yet you can not print pdf in background utilizing spool files.

Anyone got sucess with printing DMS pdf FILES from spool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

I am unable to find the steps you have mentioned. I am using Windows 7.

I have maintained the necessary configurations in DC30, but %AUTO% is not directly going to print.

Also, is there any way to open the print window on clicking print button in CV03N ( For DWG and PDF files ).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry but this is not possible in the standard behavior as it is not possible to print multiple originals at one time.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently i am programming a cv04n-Process using printing option (3) described more above.

@Christoph: Regarding to your comment changing folder options->filetypes i have got a question. Since Windows Vista this configuration is not possible any more using a Windows gui. Maybe there are some other Utilities from other software vendors to do this. So what do now?

1) If i want to give Windows administration the task to set this print command in all registries from all customer computer for all document types (corresponding to the SAP workstation appl ids), they might want to kill me 😉

2) A user exit does not support me, as i debugged the application. If no print command is found, the system takes the display command. So i would suggest, a solution could be, to modify the resulting display command in print cases with the specific print options (e.g. using pdf: "/n /t").

What do you think? Is there a solution from SAP? The customer does not have an external output management solution and i found no note for that task.

Looking forward for your reply. Thank you.

Kind regards

Matthias