cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Legacy data using RFC Synchronous and JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a situation where I have to verify the order data in legacy system (CICS) as part of the inbound order creation.

Thinking of using scenario like SAP (RFC) <--> XI (JDBC sender) --> CICS(DB2)

Can anybody plz suggest me whether i am going to right way or not? and also plz suggest is there any other option to verify the data in legacy tables .

Thanks for the Time and Help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SKM & Sridhar,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m kind of new to XI environment and not sure how this DB lookup works… It would be great help if you can send me any links or documents related to it.

Thanks for the Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanks for the quick reply,

My scenario is while creating the order I have to verify if the material XYZ is present in CICS – DB2 zzzzz table. If the return code is true order creation will continue otherwise it’ll stop.

If I use JDBC adapter, how do I send query without using poll intervals?

Regards

Message was edited by: Dhiraj Raikhelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like you want to do a DB look up. For DB look up you do not need an adapter at all.

But If you are interface is based on one of your message values, then you have to do this in BPM. Create a transformation step, and do a message mapping (it could be sending one field as simple as that), then create a sync send and execute a Proc (adapter config is little different when you are using proc), you have to send the parameters in the xml and execute the <b>procedure</b> and get the reply in an xml.

Based on the reply create a container element and check it in the <b>Switch</b>.

regards,

SKM

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For receiver JDBC adapter there is no poll interval. If your system is at SP13 then you may use my suggestion in previous post.

For SP<13, You can also write a DBlook java pgm and import as archive.

Even before doing the actual map, you can do this DBlookup step to check for material availability based on your input message. you may do your scenario as suggested by SKM (i.e., using BPM)

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar...at last my suggestion is approved by one of the GURUs....wooohoooo..

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SKM,

Trust me...i'm still learning daily....

Cheers,

Sri

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your scenario in detail?

With SP13 you can do sync lookup from within maps that you write:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

You can use this to check the values in the DB.

Regards,

Sridhar