Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization to change "Start Time of Background Job"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Can any one help me in finding the authorization required to change "Start Time of Background Job" in transaction SWWA and SWWD ?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catastrope,

You need S_BTCH_ADM object,

S_BTCH_ADM authorizes a super user to manage background processing (menu path Tools -> Administration -> Jobs -> Job overview).

An administrator with this authorization can:

Access background jobs in all clients of an SAP system. In the overview, the system displays all background jobs throughout the system.

Without this authorization, users can only work on background jobs in the clients in which they are logged on.

Perform all functions on background jobs.

Execute programs in job steps.

<b>Defined fields</b>

ID for background administrator: Enter Y to grant the above authorizations to an administrator.

Value N or missing authorization: The user is not authorized as a background processing administrator.

Regards,

Hari.

Points are welcome.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catastrope,

You need S_BTCH_ADM object,

S_BTCH_ADM authorizes a super user to manage background processing (menu path Tools -> Administration -> Jobs -> Job overview).

An administrator with this authorization can:

Access background jobs in all clients of an SAP system. In the overview, the system displays all background jobs throughout the system.

Without this authorization, users can only work on background jobs in the clients in which they are logged on.

Perform all functions on background jobs.

Execute programs in job steps.

<b>Defined fields</b>

ID for background administrator: Enter Y to grant the above authorizations to an administrator.

Value N or missing authorization: The user is not authorized as a background processing administrator.

Regards,

Hari.

Points are welcome.