Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Web Dispatcher with HTTP Port 80

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a question about using port 80 for the Web Dispatcher. I'm trying to start the Web Dispatcher with http port 80, but it fails! I've read in another thread that the sapuser doesn't have the rigths to use ports below 1024. I have installed the Web Dispatcher on SLES10. So what can I do? And how? Does somebody have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance,

Lu Huynh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP Web disptacher should run with no problem using port 80.

We use ports 80 and 443 with no problem.

If your Web dispatcher does not run with port 80, it may be that the port is already used by another web server.

You should use "netstat" to check the listening ports and find out if any process is already listening on port 80.

Regards,

Olivier

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your reply.

I already did what you suggested. Using "netstat" doesn't show another Program or Server using Port 80. My Webdispatcher works fine with ports higher than 1024 and "netstat" shows me that the Web Dispatcher is listening on the http port, but lower ports don't do that, like port 80.

Kind regards,

Lu

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

by the way, this is what my stderr0 file says:

Command: wd.sapW01_W00

pf=/usr/sap/W01/SYS/profile/W01_W00_tr-webdisp

• WARNING: Could not start service 80 for protocol HTTP on host "host.domain.de"(on all adapters)

• WARNING: Could not start service 443 for protocol HTTPS on host "host.domain.de"(on all adapters)

• SAP Web Dispatcher up and operational (pid: 5211) ***

hope this might be useful. I only hae this problem with ports lower than 1024.

Kind regards,

Lu

Message was edited by:

Lu Huynh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lu,

We use the SAP Web Dispatcher on Windows 2003 IA64.

I guess SLES is a kind of Linux.

If yes you should check OSS note

Note 421359 - ICM: Binding ports < 1024 on Unix

Regards,

Olivier

lu_huynh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks a lot for your help! After following the steps of the sapnote you mentioned I can start the Webdispatcher with port 80!

Regards,

Lu

Answers (0)