cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent typical problem- Please help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a BOM material(say M) which is made up of 3 components(say A, B and C).

I procure component A from 3 different countries(T1, T2 andT3), component B from 2 different countries(T4 and T5) and component C from 4 different countries(T6, T7, T8 and T9).I process them and prepare a finished good ‘M’(as mentioned above) and export it. I want to track the country of origin of each of the components of this BOM.How can I achieve this?

To make my question more clear…..If I am exporting material M, I should be able to track all the 9 countries(T1…..T9) because M is made up of 3 components procured from 9 countries(in all).

Since the problem is critical, I would appreciate your urgent help on this.Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshu

You can certainly download list of components that are imported and its vendor's name through a query as follows:-

1) Goto SQVI

2) Table join MBEW and EORD

3) Select the Valuation Class field BKLAS in MBEW and LIFNR in EORD

4) In Valuation Class, give 3002 & 3003 (Imported Duty Paid & Duty Free)

5) Execute the report

A report will be generated wherein you can see all imported components and its respective vendor list.

I think you only have to decide which particular component goes into which assembly and no report is available to my knowledge. Others correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, I am sure, the above suggestion will be helpful to a great extent and if so, dont forget to reward points please.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please advise on this? Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for your reply.The report will help us to see the origin of the components individually, but the major problem here is, when I see a sales order for a particular BOM, I should be able to track that a particular component of the BOM say B, has been procured from which all countries.This relationship has to be established somehow. One possible solution could be to create new material for each 'component+origin' combination, but again it's not an advisable solution.

Gurus, could you please throw some light on it?