cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run-time error "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR" occurred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When I am trying to load data I am getting this error. This runtime error occured in BW system. Usually when we get this kind of errors we need to contact system administrator to increase the table spaces and all. But here I am not getting much help from them. By the way I am trying to load data only upto PSA in BI7.

Can somebody help me in how to increase the table space incase it fixes my problem or can u Gurus suggest me something to get rid of this problem.

Best Regards

Mohan Kumar

Message was edited by:

mohan kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The palces to get this problem are very huge. So you need to understand the error by looking in ST22,SM21 and SM37 for more information on the error.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

IBM - India

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member558342
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error usually occurs because of deadlock in database or due to shared memory issue.

First try with repeating the same job again,some times it works.

if you are getting this error while loading data into the cube then repair or delete index and try loading data.

Regards,

Anuradha

former_member209728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are loading into a cube, first delete the db Indexes and then proceed.

Also check

former_member209728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR runtime exception is generally caused whenever there is a deadlock at the database level or there is an issue with the shared memory. Repeating the job after some time usually succeeds as the deadlocks disappear over time and memory becomes available.

If you are facing this error frequently then ask your basis team to increase the shared memory.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few days back even i got the same problem,i was told it is due to some table space problem.But ironically,after some time i have repeated the load and it ran fine,and the problem is solved.

so, try to repeat the load.............

cheers,

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Transaction--> DB02 over here go to tablespace and here u can see ur error. This is a deadlock issue because of tablespace. u need to contact ur basis team to increase the space. In ST22 u can find for which table this error is coming. Specify the table name to ur basis team, once they increase the size of the table, then u can load data.

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

try this

See Notes 359835, 416772 and 387946

ST04--> Detail

Analysis Menu -- > V$tables --> V$TEMPFILES

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE PSAPTEMP

TEMPFILE '/oracle/<SID>/sapdataX/temp_1/temp.data1' size 10000M

EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 2M;

alter user sap<SID> or sapr3 temporary tablespace psaptemp;

alter user sys temporary tablespace psaptemp;

ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "PSAPTEMP";

Message was edited by:

shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan ,

For increasing the table space u need to execute command brspace –f tsextend and supply tablespace name

u will have 2 options one to increase size and other add datafile

Connect to dataabse

issue

sql> alter tablespace <name> add datafile <'path'> size <2000m>;

to resize

sql>alter dataabse datafile <'path'> resize 2000m;

or refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/38/9f3fed3c32a74da3367d5f18dafb14/frameset.htm

regards,

supriya