cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break is not working properly. Please look into this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please Conside the customer and sales as an example. <b><u>This is in 4.6c.</u> </b>

<b>Under main window I declared a table with 2 line types</b>. the first line type displays only Customer no. and Name. 2nd line types has 4 cells in it and it displays diff information. my questions are

1) if the contents displayed in more than one page the footer is not getting executed. I have tried different options. but none works.

2) if the customer gets changed and the sales line type does not fit in the same page then I want to dispaly the complete data (both the line type details) in the second page for that particular customer. Just to make it simple

I do not want to display cust, number & name in one page and his sales details in other page. so I have to check if the space is not enough then i should be able to print both of them in 2nd page.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and resp.

resps will be rewarded.

Regards

Reddy

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a folder node

put the table line type 1 and talbe line type 2 into this folder

check the page protection attribution of folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Page Protection option is disabled in folder.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta Devi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Here the thing is, the 2nd line type has many lines in it (assume 10 lines). So for the first line item I do not want to split the customer details (header details) and the item details. So, the customer details and the first line items (atleast) should be in the same page. I am trying to put minimum height of the header (cust.details) but its not taking that value. I mean irrespective of the minimum height it is printing.

Thanks once again. please help.

reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

the page protection atrribution is effictive only in mainwindow, otherwise it is disable

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For printing the line type1 and line type2 together you need to create a folder and put both line type inside the folder and tick the option page protect.

if you need the footer in all pages tick the option at page break (in print time)

Plz reward if useful

Jijeesh P G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you have defined the footer in the Table node then it will display only at the

end of all the line items.

To display footer on all pages create a separate window for Footer.

2. To display both the line types in the same page if the data is overflown

First set the height of main window in Lines

Ex : Window height 10 LN

Create a Command node to set page break when the number of line items of a

particular customer exceeds 10 records then set

Go to New Page to PAGE1

It will print the first page as well as in the second page you will get the 2 line types.

Reward if useful........

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note, if footer is written inside main window it will not be displayed, for displaying footer create a new window and try to display...

if you have the footer in new window check any condition placed on footer..

regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry for the change in the first Q. The thing is as you all know the table contents do flow to other pages when they do not fit in first page. so my requirement is like I have a main window with a border. If I am left with some space in the main window(table) while dispalying the contents I would like to DRAW one line to make it clear. if I do not draw this I can see the last line items are not having a border (line) under them. even the dell lines are stopping there itself.

|________________| line type1

|____|___|____|____| line type2

|____|___|____|____| line t2

|____|___|____|____| line t2

|  |  |   |   |  line t2  here i wld like to draw  line

|________________| line t2

it looks like this. so just before the page break comes in i would like to draw a line.

Please resp.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donnot understand completely.

why do not you use the outer box for linetype2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you dont mind, Can you please tell me what exactly mean by outer box ?

I tried to put the 2 line types in one folder but since its a table the page protection option getting disabled as soon as I put the table inside the folder.

I also used AT PAGE BREAK in footer but its not working.

can anyone tell me if there is any system field which records the page break value. so that we can atleast draw a line as soon as the page-break takes place.

cheers

reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

i donnot know whether versoin's reason ,i tried no problem.

create a table , put the folder under the table ,then create linetype1 and linetype2 under the folder ,the page proctection is able.

If you want to get the system break vairant, it is impossible.

You can test your main window can contain how many records, then add the program line at every loop to manually count the current record number which outputted, then use this count variant to control your requirement. that is create line type3 (use outer box )like line type2, use linetype3 to reaplace linetype2 accroding to count variant = the total record numbers of one page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Please check the condition which you are giving the command node. Before giving the command node you need to check the no. of line items for that particular customer and store in a variable.

In the command node give the condition var > 10 then go to new page.

It will definately trigger.

Regarding the line for the last line itme in the page try to add the Bottom line to the text node and check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your responses.

Hope this should work today.

Cheers

Reddy