cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Process an Empty File and deliver to the receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We had a requirements to process an empty file and send it to the receiver channel . We had successfully configured and polling an empty file, but the message output of the empty file was never sent to the receiver channel. Is there any solution to process an empty file and move it to the receiver directory.

XI 7.0 with latest sp

Thanks so much in advanced,

dn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please select the option process empty files for the parameter handling of empty files in the sender file communication channel. Then it will create an empty payload for the message and is processed as it is done in case of a normal message.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for a quick response!

As mentioned above, we had already configured to handling "Process empty files" and were able to have the files polling successfully. The problem that we are facing is that, the output file were never created or delivered to the receiver directory. We want all files to process and deliver to the recipients even though it is an empty file.

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there messages created in Moni for the empty files you have sent and what is the status?

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

In the Moni, there are no messages created.

Thanks

David

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the receiver file adapter, there is a processing parameter "Empty-Message Handling". make sure its value is "Write Empty File"

Have a look at Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 File Adapter

Q 31

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your response. I have already reviewed this Note, all the parameter are correct. Is there another solution that you could think of.

Thanks

dn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Take a look at this blog:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

This will explain how to use just the directory with no repository. If this helps, you can build on this.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji. I will try to create a test on this and see what it does. Once I am done, I will let you know the result.

Thanks again,

David

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can hanle it in PI7.0 and XI3.0 SP 19 onwards

Have a look here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/f565854b7341e6e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek