cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating New Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a new browser window, which will have the standard toolbar, using which the user can print the content in the window.

This window will be called on the button, present in default window, being clicked. I cant go ahead with:

1. Popup window : It doesnt have the standard toolbar with Print option

2. Confirmation Dialog: Same, no toolbar for print button.

3. External window: As this takes only static URL as parameter and hence wont display my custom view.

Any idea how I can get a new browser window (which has standard FILE, EDIT, TOOLS, HELP etc options) with my view displayed in it.

Thanks.

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it necessary for your requirement that the target view (which you want to open in new window) should be part of the same WD Component? If it is not i.i. you can create the target viewin a different component then you can give this new component's application URL (which come in broswer for running any WD app) as the targetUrl of the External Window.

Not sure whether it will help you or not.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Message was edited by: Shubhadip Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yah, I am working on multiple development components, so having a seperate component is not an issue. But what I want to know is that how will I get the URL of this Component.

This WD application has be deployed on EP.

Regards

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Puneet,

Create new component and new application based on it.

Than Use IWDWindow WDURLGenerator objects to open the new application at the window.

I am not at the office now but if you need an exact code example I can send it to you tomorrow.

Hope it helps,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Puneet,

you can use the following code block:

Suppose you have built a webdynpro project named WD_WINDOW and the application name WindowApp then to get the URL using the WDURLGenerator class use the following code.

String strURL = WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL("local/WD_WINDOW", "WindowApp");

Now u can use this strURL for opening your external window.

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Shubhadip