cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting iCHART to show QT data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a QT that is successfully pulling three columns of data from an oracle db.

I have attempted to build a DT on it and when I display it through the dynamic page generator I am seeing the wrong scale on the x and y axis. I am not certain (nor is the manual clear on this) what the values should be on the Data Mapping (and other) tab(s).

Thanks

E

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ed,

By default the iChart has Global Server scaling turned on, which works great for Tag Query results, since it will use the engineering ranges for the YAxis. In your case since it is an SQL query, uncheck the Global Server Scaling and check the Global Auto Scaling instead.

A great way to learn and appreciate the multitude of configurable properties for the iChart is the use the runtime applet's right-click menu for Display Properties...Chart Properties (here you can get the right combination of colors, legend settings, global, individual pen, or auto scaling settings, etc. in a wysiwyg manner and then make them permanent in your display template).

I think Brian's recommendation on using the image instead of the applet is based upon the java plug-in template caching that will happen when you have the iChart displayed and make template changes that don't refresh when you refresh the browser window (there are several posts in the forum where this was the issue and using the browser menu Tools...Sun Java Console and pressing the x key to clear the classloader cache is the fix).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try usin the image generator instead of page. You may have it cached and the page wont generate correctly. The image works more efficiently