Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In wrong tablespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

BR970W warning with IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE for MLICHECK~0

The SAP note 483628 and 485233, suggests to Reorganize the MLICHECK table using BRTOOLS (single table reorg) and

Move the table and to the PSAPDDICD tablespace and Move the MLICHECK~0 index to the PSAPDDICI tablespace.

My question , is will reorganization of MLICHECK affect the systems or will there be any problems. Because reorganization is done after lot of planning.

Moving the table and index to the tablespace will have any impacts as it is a DDIC table.

Please advise me and help me as it is very urgent.

Thanks a lot.

xyz aabc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for not giving points. i will do it. thanks for your replies.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please advise me and help me as it is very urgent.

why is this urgent. it`s a mere warning, not an error and your system is still up?

and you can reorg this table online in the right tablespace using brtools.

check SAP note 646681 to learn how. its quite simple and can be done while SAP is up, as long as the reorg type is online.

by the way, I see that you never provided points to anyone in the past. you should check your previous posts and give points to people who helped you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric, thanks for reminding to give points on the replies, In many cases this forum is taken for granted and no courtsey is shown.

It will be a good practise to create a list of members who ignore responses so that the auditor can look at their activities and reward points for responses that are received.

To make sure that the system is stable and nothing is broken, get the users to perform tests and monitor system logs (SM21 / ST22) and any complaints from users. Keep the changes in for a few days before moving them to the next system.

Cheers,

Nisch

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the points also, I agree this is a good idea of keeping a list.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made changes in the DEvelopment. I made after an off line back up , now how should i make sure that system is fine and what checks i have to make to make sure that nothing is broken. So that i can carry on doing in QA and then prod.

thanks.

0 Kudos

hello xyz aabc,

Do you have the warning ONLY on the index?

If so, the table is on the correct tablespace and only the index has to be "moved"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before making changes in the production system, do this activity in Dev and Test enviroments and perform tests to make sure nothing has broken.

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The MLICHECK table usually stores the sap license key, it should not have any impact to reorg and it can be done while the system is running, as a precaution, you might want to perform any reorg after a system backup.

Thanks,

George