cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Editor for Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried the Theme Editor for Eclipse and I have some questions.

I create my custom Theme and this creates a folder with the Id of my theme under ..\NW04SStack9Themes\themes\ur.Then i copy the entire folder inside this two path in my Portals server.

usr\sap\<server Id>\JC<instance numbre>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps\com.sap.portal.design.urdesigndata\themes\portal

usr\sap\<server Id>\JC<instance numbre>\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\sap.com\tcwddispwda\global\SSR\themes

But I could not see the style in the portal under Sys Admin -> Portal Display -> Theme Editor in the custom theme section.

Besides that I tried to export fron NWDS and import inside the portal. But I got an error that told me that the its.zip file was not found.

Reading some documentation, I found that when you export a theme from the portal, creates a zip file wich contains 3 zip files (its.zip,portal.zip, and ur.zip) but when I export th theme from the NWDS only creates a zip file only with the portal.zip.

Any idea of what could be wrong? My goal is to create a Theme in the NWDS and import it to the Portal and use ir as the Theme of a custom Portal Desktop.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP presents applications to users in the SAP Enterprise Portal (SAP EP). You can change user interface themes with the "Portal Theme Editor" that is part of the Enterprise System Administration role.

As some customers do not have the version of SAP Enterprise Portal that includes this Theme Editor , this version of the Theme Editor is offered as an unsupported, standalone tool from SDN.

The Eclipse Theme Editor can be used to brand Web Dynpro.

Comments and questions: Please use the Web Dynpro forum. Problems regarding the Eclipse Theme Editor reported via OSS will not be handled. As the tool comes as an unsupported version, bug fixes cannot be guaranteed in a timely fashion.

Release information: The Eclipse Theme Editor will be released for each SAP NetWeaver stack. Please note that you can only use the Theme Editor version compatible with the same version Web Dynpro (for example, the SAP NetWeaver Stack 9 Theme Editor is only compatible with SAP NetWeaver Stack 9 Web Dynpro). When you upgrade Web Dynpro to a higher stack, you must also upgrade the SAP NetWeaver Stack 9 Eclipse Theme Editor and your themes to the SAP NetWeaver stack on which your Web Dynpro applications are running.

Pl refer https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d2b1d790-0201-0010-25b7-d1f...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

So... the answer is that I would not archive my goal... if I want a custom theme for the portal, I need to edit one of the standard theme directly from the "Portal Theme Editor" that is part of the Enterprise System Administration role.

Regards,

Orlando Covault