cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to turn off the creation of commitment IDOCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SRM 4.0 with the standalone scenario. I don't want the commitment IDOCs to be generated when a PO is created. Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>In your case, Do you want Commitment to get created or not in the R/3 system ?</b>

Incase you don't need BBPCO Try applying SAP OSS Notes 1082817.

Once PO is replicated into the backend from SRM, the commitment is created.

The BBPCO is useful for standalone scenario where no PO is created in the backend thsu no commitment without this message type.

In the ECS scenario, incase you do not use the BBPCO in ALE configuration. I would suggest you to remove the BBPCO message type from your ALE distribution.

<u>Instead of removing BBPCO message type from ALE Distribution, try the follwoing SAP OSS Notes -></u>

Note 786854 - Modification note in order to deactivate commitments

Note 702994 - PO: Commitment IDoc is sent too often

Note 700810 - Purchase order: Commitment is not set up

Note 396631 - Commitment is not created

Note 716343 - ME51N: No commitment in copied PReq items

<b>Please go through the following pointers as well -></b>

<b>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I looked at note 1082817, it didn't have anything about commitments. Are you sure this is the right note number?

I don't want commitments at all, anywhere.

Right now the IDOCs with message type BBPCO are being created in SRM but they are never posted in the backend because the partner profile there doesn't include message type BBPCO. This causes many errors in the alert monitors and there is a back log of unprocessed IDOCs. If I just removed the message type from the ALE model on the SRM side, would this cause more messages/problems there or would the system just not attempt to create the commitment?

Thanks for your help so far,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As told earlier, <u>Instead of removing BBPCO message type from ALE Distribution, try the follwoing SAP OSS Notes -></u>

Regards

- Atul

former_member52230
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The following note is for deactiving commitments in SRM_SERVER 500.

Is there a similar note for SRM_SERVER550/SRM 5?? We would like to deactivate the creation of BBPCO idoc in SRM.

We are using p-card process and invoices from bank are loaded to the backend R/3 system.

Thanks for your help,

Marilou

Answers (0)