cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure material determination???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

v r working on automatic material determination for christmas..so please guide me how i can proceed???

specifically i need info on material exclusion and inclusion..

thanks a lot

h shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For material listing and exculsion also follow the steps given in material determination:

Replace VB11 with VB01 and create a condition type for listing and one for exclusion.

If further help required do get back

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The basic function of material determination is to provide an alternate product in a sales order. This orignal to alternate (s) mappping can be viewed through VB11.

Step by step procedure is as follows:

1. I have a product A which can be replaced with Products B , C and D

This can be done when i have stock-outs or promotional campaign is in progress.

2. The mapping is maintained in VB11

Here I enter the material to be substituted and enter a list of options which can replace this material. Suppose the options are B,C,D. These options are sequentially accessed.

When I create a sales order and enter material A , the system checks for alternates B and if B is not available then select C similarly if C is not available selects D.....

3. Customizing in IMG. Material determination follows the condition technique

i.e

1. Select the fields

2. Define the Condition table

3. Define the access sequence

4. The condition table goes into the access sequence

5. define the Contition type

6. Assign acess sequence to condition type

7. Define Procedure

8. Assign Condition type to procedure

1. select the fields :

This is done to maintain the mapping as per certain fields

==> Material/Cutomer Material

==> Customer etc

2. Create a condition table eg 501

This table has the above fields

501 ==> Material/Cutomer Material

502 ==> Customer etc

3 Define Acess sequence ( M001)

The access sequence has these condition tables

M001 ===>

Acess no :

10 501 ==> Material/Cutomer Material

20 502 ==> Customer etc

4. Define Condition type : M001

5. Define Procedure : M00001

6. Condition type is assigned to Procedure

6. Assign procedure to order type

When a sales order is created with A , the procedure M00001 gets triggered which inturn triggers the condition type and which in turn triggers the acess sequence which searches for the options maintained in VB11 ( condition table/record / master record)

This will give the option B, C, or D.

The reasons stock-outs or promotional campaign are called " subsitution reasons" and are created in IMG and assigned in VB11.These reasons can be seen on Sales A tab of item header once assigned.

Remember there can be only one procedure , one condition type , on acess sequence, multiple condition tables.If there are more than one then they would be sequentially acessed.

Hope doubt is clear !! Suitably reward with point if clear

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

MATERIAL DETERMINATION:

A method to determine the material to be used in the sales order. Material determination uses the condition technique to swap one material for another when certain conditions apply. It is triggered by the material entered in the line item of the sales order.

Maintain prerequisites for materialMaterial DeterminationSD- IMG determination –Maintain field catalog, create condition table, Maintain access sequences, define condition types, and maintain material determination procedure. Lastly create your condition records with valid dates and substitution reasons.

- Creating a condition record: Logistics, SD, Master data, Products, Material determination, Create [VB11].

Material Determination: - Substituting one product with other product is called material determination.

Maintaining the records for Material Determination: -

SPRO

Logistics

Sales and Distribution

Master Data

Products

Material Determination

VB11 – Create.

Enter the determination type [A001] (Material Entered).

Material Entered: - Here enter the original material which has to be substituted.

Material: - Enter the material with which we want to substitute the main material.

Reason for Substitution: - specifies the reason why the system automatically carried out material substitution.

To enter multiple materials as substitution select the icon alternative materials.

This concept is based on condition technique.

SPRO

Sales and Distribution

Basic Functions

Material Determination

Maintain prerequisites for material determination.

Create condition tables [OV16]

Maintain access sequences

Define condition types

Maintain procedure

SPRO

Sales and Distribution

Basic Functions

Material Determination

Assign procedures to sales document types [OV14]

Defining the reason for substitution: -

SPRO

Sales and Distribution

Basic Functions

Material Determination

Define substitution reasons [OVRQ]

Go to new entries and define

Substitution reason: - Specify the substitution reason [0001]

Description: - Advertising campaign

Entry: - If we check this field the system prints the name or number of the original material on the corresponding output.

Warning: - If we check this field the system displays a warning message before substituting the material.

Strategy: - Controls whether the product selection should occur automatically in the background or whether the alternative materials should be offered for a selection in dialog box.

Out come: - Controls whether the out come of product selection should replace the original entry or whether it should be recorded as a sub item of the original entry.

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula