cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04S WebDispatcher Installation with SAPINST?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the webdispatcher running under NW04. The setup was straightforward and worked fine.

Now, with NW04S, the WD install manual mentions to use SAPINST. The SAPINST promts for the SID and we specify the existing real SAP SID that we want the WD to work with. But SAPINST bombs because the SID already exists.

Have you used SAPINST to install WD under NW04S ... or did you just use the "OLD" NW04 installation procedure?

Thanks ... Bart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanted to close the loop on this question ... for those who have not been through this:

As reported, WebDispatcher(WD) on NW04S can apparently be installed the old way (using -booststrap) or the new way using SAPINST.

At this point, I like the new way better because it is done in a more mainstream way. SAPINST actually creates a mini instance just for WD. This makes it easier to manage because the stop/start process is done in the same way as any other sap instances.

Cheers ... Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I was using the option in SAPINST to install the WebDispatcher under the standalone engine heading. My (probabaly wrong) assumption was that the input for SID (in SAPINST) should be the SID that this WD installation should apply to ... because you can only have one SID per WD. It would seem wierd (to me) that the SID name input in SAPINST would be the SID for WD. ??

Olivier,

Thanks for the useful input about the old way working. At this point, this is probably what we will do.

I'm leaving this thread open for another day or so in case, someone can tell us that they actually used the SAPINST approach.

Thanks ... Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bart,

I think Sapinst asks for the SID of the webdispatcher. There is also a system number for the web dispatcher. I don't know what they are used for as they are of no use technically.

I put the same SID and same sysnr for all web dispatcher I install.

What is important are the port numbers the web dispatcher is listening to :

one for http, one foe https and one to listen to the message server of backend SAP system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the "old" installation procedure with success.

I just copied the new executables in the directory and it worked straightforward.

The webdispatcher installation is so simple that I don't feel the need of SAPINST.

As my OS is windows, I even create the service manually.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

Are you selecting the option to install a Standalone Wed Dispatcher under the standalone engines on the installation master? If so sapinst will not allow you to install 2 systems with the same SID on the same server.

Regards,

David