cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're currently investigating a problem with an outbound RFC message coming from R/3 (so from R/3 into XI). Currently we see no data filled for 'VALUE' in SXMB_MONI:

<item>

<NAME>nationality</NAME>

<VALUE />

</item>

The value is filled in SE37 when testing the RFC, so it should be there. We have imported the latest RFC version into the Repository and activated all the changes.

Is it possible that XI 'forgets' to receive the value for this particular field?

Is there any way to track whether the value gets messed up within R/3 or within XI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible that XI 'forgets' to receive the value for this particular field? No it cannot forget

Is there any way to track whether the value gets messed up within R/3 or within XI?

Make sure you are importing the latest RFC from R/3.

basically when you sent data from R/3 to XI with the latest RFC in XI, it should match the data contecnt, try to check your program once more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cache refresh didn't help. The RFC structure in the repository absolute sure matches the structure as used in R/3.

We are now trying to decrease the lenght of the fields used (from char200 to char50).

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you check the input in the RFC in the SXMB_MONI?

Have you check the output in the RFC in the SXMB_MONI?

Probbably missing parameter in message mapping, perhaps only have you check the input and the output service.

I suggested the refresh the cache because its normally to modify any parameter on an rfc and later the XI dont see the change although you import the rfc again and activate or deactivate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its sure...R3 is not sending that field. Also its not possibel by XI that it will pick the

element wothout contents...because the message first comes in AF then it go to IE (in this case)

So what ever the RFC adapter getting,, it is sending the same (after generating to XML) to IE.

Make sure is that value is coming from any table(in R3) and that table has no entry for that filed.

Regards,

Farooq.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo,

assumedly the RFC adapter is caching the old meta data of the message type (RFC), so you ve to refresh. Try just changinging something in the channel (f e the short description), acitvate and check again. If there isnt success delete the channel and create it again. There should be as well a possibility at RTW for refresh.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have refreshed all the caches I could find: in the RWB and ABAP stack. I deleted my comm channel and created a new one, and still no luck.

But, if the RFC adapter was caching old meta-data I wouldn't see the field at all, would I?

Message was edited by:

Iddo Rijsdijk

Former Member
0 Kudos

We changed the structure of the RFC and now everything is fine:

- <CONTEXT_NAME>

- <item>

<NAME>nationality</NAME>

</item>

</CONTEXT_NAME>

- <CONTEXT_VALUE>

- <item>

<VALUE>germany</VALUE>

</item>

</CONTEXT_VALUE>

Points for everyone for trying to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iddo

I would run a full SQL trace to try and ascertain the problem.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should to refresh the cache.

http:///CPACache/refresh?mode=full

with:

XIDIRUSER

Message was edited by:

Iñaki Vila