cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.6D Kernel with Oracle 9.2.06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done a test install of SAP 4.6c with 4.6D kernel with Oracle 9.2 on Solaris 5.9 for a project. It is my first attempt at installing SAP and the procedure I took is as follows:

- Installed Oracle 9.2

- Applied Patch to 9.2.06

- installing SAP 4.6C with Kernel 4.6D.

Now the SAP installation asks about which database to install from a series of Oracle 8.1.x. It does not contain a list for Oracle 9.2.x. The project requirement was to have Oracle 9.2.06 with the SAP system mentioned above. However, i selected 8.1.7 and it attempts to create/access an Oracle directory with nothing in it. Is there any way i can tell SAP that Oracle DB is already installed and to use that. I am attempting a central instance installation with db and SAP on a single server machine. It would save me some time rather than installing oracle 8.1 then applying patches to bring it up to 9.2.06.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have the SAPEXEDB.SAR file but it seems i cannot find the SAPEXE.SAR file on the list. could it be something to do with the maintenance from SAP or can i find it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Mani

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check the "database independent" part.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have applied oss note 557255 as Markus has mentioned - Thanks!

The installation has gone as far as creating the data dictionary, tablespaces etc but when it logs into sql*plus and tries to run a file called oradbusr.sql which does not exist under <sapcd>/UNIX/SUNOS_64/. i found a copy on another system and ftp'd it across. but its giving error messages about some library it cannot find:

libclntsh.so.8.0

Oracle client 92x_64 is installed under /oracle/client/92x_64 and links are there to the library directory /oracle/<xxx>/920_64/lib and jdbc. The library directory contains libclntsh.so.9.0 and i don't know why it is not picking this up.

Does any one know why this might be the case.

Many thanks.

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please install Oracle 8 and install SAP ... upgrade oracle

or

try to get oracle 8 library files and specify library path.

Regards

Ben

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using the standard kernels from the CDs, those are linked against Oracle 8.

you need to download the 4.6D_EXT kernels as mentioned in the note. Download the newest SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB, unpack them into your kernel directory and repeat the installation step.

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

557255 - Inst./Sys Copy. SAP Systems on UX/Oracle 9.2.0 with R3SETUP

You will need special CDs to install with Oracle 9.

Follow the informations given in the note.

--

Markus