Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move plant attribute

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are using SRM server 550 with SP8 and extended classic scenario. We already go-live with SRM and having a roll out for every 2 months so in 6 months the whole company will be covered.

We are structuring the org structure in which we create one root org and then we create one org below it as company code. We do this as adviced by SAP to give room of flexibility should there is a need for more company code (currently we only have one company code in R/3).

In our first go-live we already put the plant in the root org level and we already have some live data in our system. Now we were thinking to move the plants attribute from the root to one level below, which is a company (by deleting from root, and then put the attribute in the org serves as company). This seems to be more appropriate as the plants in R/3 is assigned to the company code anyway.

So, can someone enlight me on this issue:

a. Can we do this? Is there any negative impact of doing this? Considering some SC and PO has been created, is there any impact to the documents already created?

b. Is there any harm if we still put the plants in the root level? I mean if there is a new plants and new co.code, i guess we can always add it in the root level, as from what i see the plants is unique. (e.g: company code X and co.code Y cannot BOTH having plant 0001).

Please advice.

Best regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The SAP recommended root org structure is as under :

-> Root org (company)

-- > Co. Code

--- > Plant

-

> P.Org

-

> P.Group

In your case you have defined the plant right after root org (Company). It does not affect as of now, how ever its good to have the plant after Co.code level.

You can assign the plant to the company code.There won't be any impact, as far as i am concerned the position of the plant does not make any difference.

1. You are not defining plant in the "Function" where you assign the Co. Code to back end Co. code, P.Org to back end P.Org and P.Group to back end P.Group.

So there is no significance for plant here.

2. You are mentioning the responsible plants and storage locations in the extended attributes. So the level of the plant in the root org. does not make any difference.

Anyways you can try out the same in the Test environment before directly implementing in the Production environment.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja