cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 comm channel problem (B2B) - "perhaps AS2ID missing"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

We try to configure B2B scenario using Seeburger AS2, but communication channel monitor returns error:

Error type: COMPONENT_ERROR,NOT_TRANSMITTED >> Error date: 9/25/07 10:05 AM >> Description: AS2 Adapter failure Outbound configuration error: Sender configuration incomplete - perhaps AS2ID missing.. com.seeburger.as2.AS2Plugin.execute(AS2Plugin.java:321) [9/25/07 10:05 AM]

We're not sure about the scenario configuration and using identifiers (cos' this is probably the problem).

Did someone of u already configured Seeburger AS2?

We have configured in receiver party alternative identifier Seeburger - AS2ID, however, the message sent to target has always agency XI and scheme XIParty. It should be probably Seeburger and AS2ID (the alternative one).

<SAP:Receiver>

<SAP:Party agency="http://sap.com/xi/XI" scheme="XIParty">XXXX</SAP:Party>

<SAP:Service>BS_3RD_XXXXX</SAP:Service>

<SAP:Interface

How to achieve it?

Thanx a lot!

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member598525
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

can you please explain a bit in detail regarding configuring the party agency details for B2B?

Previously we used to use seeburger as the agency in party configuration but currently as B2B supports the Mendelson party to view the logs which settings are required instead of Seeburger in agency.

former_member598525
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can anyone kindly help with the above query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

On which side u r using ur AS2 Adapter sender or receiver?The unique AS2 ID must be entered as an Alternative Identifier in the Party configuration view with value as Seeburger.This value should be maintained on both sides.

If u r using adapter on receiver side,then Make sure the module <b>ModuleProcessorExitBean</b> does exist in the module sequence but if u r using it on sender side,then no need to add this module.Just CallSapAdapter should be dere under module tab.

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop!

Yes, we use it on receiver side.

ModuleProcessorExitbean exists, so it should be ok.

What I'm not sure about is the thing with identifiers..

In Party (let's call it X) - Identifiers, we have default agency http://sap.com/xi/XI, scheme XIParty and name X.

What values should be there for Seeburger?

We have Agency: Seeburger, Scheme: AS2ID; Name: X.

Is it correct?

We also received some 9 char long number - probably some ID to adapter(?). Any idea, if it is necessary and where to use it?

Is it necessary to configure identifier seeburger also in Identifiers tab of Receiver communication channel? Or we can leave it empty (both- sender, receiver)?

We use this in B2B scenario, of course: Target system is party, but we use our R/3 as Business System w/o party. Is it ok, or do we laso have to "be" as Party in our configuration scenario?

A lot of questions, but points will be awarded 4 sure

Thanx!

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

But this module should have appropriate parameter name and parameter value with module key.and no standard module(CallSapAdapter) should be dere after this module.

<i>What values should be there for Seeburger?

We have Agency: Seeburger, Scheme: AS2ID; Name: X.</i>

I am not much sure with name.remaining two are ok.

<i>Is it necessary to configure identifier seeburger also in Identifiers tab of Receiver communication channel? Or we can leave it empty (both- sender, receiver)?</i>

Needs to be on both sides.

Have done with party on both sides as we need to give identifiers for both sides.So,don't know about widout party..m learning too:)

Thanx

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anoop, does ur scenario work?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't yet executed..

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Have u sorted out this problem.?Which way u did ?

Thanx,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

yes, this part is ok.

a, create a party (sender and receiver)

b, dbl click each party and set the alternative identifiers. (FOR BOTH- SENDER & RECEIVER). Before I had confogured only Receiver, however sender party must have also alternative identifier (Seeburger, AS2ID, <some AS2 ID>).

The issue has been solved by this setting.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Peter,

I am clear with this part..But there is dilemna with <some AS2 ID> for sender and receiver..Which value to use here in AS2ID for sender and receiver and from where we get that..?

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, this is a agreement between the partners. Let's say, that partner will accept you under the name "MSoft" and the partner will be "Goot". It is not question of adapter, but AS2 protocol settings. Also, there are some agencies (e.g. Dun & Bradstreet) which assign unique identifiers to business subjects. If your customer has such identification given, you should use it.

Did u get the point?

One more thing - if u do not adress (use identifiers properly), your data may not be accepted by target system! Let's say I have configured by system to receive AS2 messages from MSoft. If u do not introduce yourself as MSoft, the message won't be accepted..

Peter

Message was edited by:

Peter Jarunek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Peter for nicely clearing doubts...

Wana give points to u 4 dis but can't

Thanx,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's ok, hope it helped you..

Well, I'm gonna post new thread on AS2, mabe you'll know, so u can help me

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I'm having the same problem you did. I was loooking your thread but I'm having some trouble understanding this last sentence :

"b, dbl click each party and set the alternative identifiers. (FOR BOTH- SENDER & RECEIVER). Before I had configured only Receiver, however sender party must have also alternative identifier (Seeburger, AS2ID, <some AS2 ID>)."

The problem is not on <some AS2 ID>, like you explained Anoop, that's absolutely right. The thing is, I don't understand how can you set the identifier for both parties, AS2ID. XI doesn't allow that, or does it? When I'm creating the second party and giving it the 'AS2ID' Sheme on the identifier, it says that there's another object already with the 'AS2ID' identifier, and I'm not allowed to create another object with the same ID....

Am i wrongly understanding the process?

Thanks in advance Peter and Anoop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when using Parties in B2B scenarios, there's a default identifier like:

agency: http://sap.xi.

scheme: XIParty

value: your party name

(i'm not connected to system now, so these values are just as I remember them - they are not exact)

You need to add alternative identifiers to parties in order to use seeburger AS2:

agency: Seeburger

scheme: AS2ID

value: <party's AS 2 id value> , which is a unique identifier of sender and receiver... in our case these are numbers like:

6356374 sender, 99182 receiver (our partner's AS 2 id)

Let me know if this helped.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for you answer.Problem Solved!!! Excellent explanation!

I'm now facing another problem. When I'm sending the message I'm getting the following error:

Could not deliver as2 message to partner: 502 Proxy Error

( The HTTP message includes an unsupported header or an unsupported combination of headers. ) # null

Is it possible to check the AS2 headers sent by the Seeburger Adapter? I've checked the Seeburger monitor but I wasn't able to see the message content. In XI we're only able to check the document content, and not the content message sent at the network layer...

Have you faced something similar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

open a new thread for this.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an explanation ,myself too looking from number of days.But been handed irrelevant documents to go through.Thanks,well explained here.