Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow notifications to Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to send the notification from Workflow to Outlook?

Is there any possibility to send the Workflow Mail(the one that sits in SAP's BusinessWorkplace-Inbox-Workflow) itself to Outlook?

Say if we request for an approval from someone, can they approve it from Outlook itself?

If there is any possibility pls let me know.

Regards,

Pradhiba

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible to send the workitem to outlook there´s a report RSWUWFML2. However it is not possible to approve without login into sap.

When you run the report, you can mark three kinds of links that are than included into the created email,via these links the approver can log into sap and approve.

Please read the documentation for RSWUWFML2 in SAP, it´s quite good and answers a lot of questions. Keep in mind that the user who runs the report needs an emailadress as does every recipient.

Please give your release for further questions ´cause not everything existed in the former releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it can be done (use MAPI). On your PC, go to control panel> mails>Profile-->Add profile (Or you can modify the current profile) -->add email-account.

In the server type, choose SAP MAPI if it is available, if not, choose 'additional server type' and in the next popup choose 'SAP MAPI service provider' (This will be available if SAP frontend is installed on your machine).

Follow the instructions and you shall have the SAP inbox access integrated to your outlook.

You can execute workflow items from your outlook (though it had given me problems when I had tried it long back).

I understand MAPI is old and is to be replaced, am not sure whether it is available on the version you work with (most likely it would be).

cheers,

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I dont find SAP MAPI in my additional server type. I have front end installed in my Comp. Does this have anything to do with BASIS Settings??

0 Kudos

It is part of frontend only. What version of GUI you are on?

When you install the frontend, depending on the components you select, certain components may not be installed. You may need to reinstall the frontend in this case.

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/76/21af357a12e50fe10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

to see if the pc files (DLLs etc) mentioned there are on your PC or not.

cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with Workflow, Microsoft Outlook and SAP Mapi Provider and when the user try logon on sap using outlook he received a error message.

The message dont explain the error, the message is: " Microsoft Outlook have found a problem and need to be closed." The message give me two buttons to click.

Send a error report to microsoft or don't send.

Anyone have a step by step how to install SAP Mapi Provider or any way to make this software works?

Thank you for help and I waiting for some help.

best regards,

Baldino