Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create or Modify BPR???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is that possible to

Modify the BPR supplied by SAP with our own Business specific Scenarios/processes/process steps?

(ii) Create a BPR of our own consisitng of our Business specific Scenarios/processes/process steps?

Any inputs in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alagammai,

It is not possible to modify the Standard BPR supplied by SAP.

However what you can do is you can build an Template project and define your own Business Processes in this project.

Once done you can use this template project in all future projects to select our own Business Process Scenarios / Processes.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot for your confirmation. I had the same doubt. But wanted to get that confirmed by somebody from SAP or from people who have experienced the same.

Fine. Now the query is

(1) We have to create a "Template" or "Template Project" consisting of our business specific process structure?

(2) Can you pls explain the different between the way in which a "Template" and "Template Project" is created and used? (I read thru some documentations relating to the same. But will be very helpful if you can explain the same). May be I dont need a step-by-step by guide like one. But a clear & crisp explanation pls.

Thanks a lot in advance.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alagammai,

Template Project :

A project created as a template to be used with other projects.

A template makes your project structure, or parts of it, with its assigned objects (documentation, test cases, IMG activities), available to other projects.

You can lock templates, completely or partially, against changes when they are used in other projects. To use templates in other systems, transport them.

Template projects are especially suited to SAP partner solutions or global rollout.

An Template project is created as similar to an implementation project but will not have start dates and time. It would contain the project structure / Documentation / Business Scenarios & Processes / Test cases etc.

I hope that the above information is quite crisp in understanding an template project.

If you need additional help do let me know.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the explanation about Template projects. It is used for global rollouts.

(1) But, can you pls explain what are Templates?

(2) And how do they differ from this Template projects?

(3) Can we create Templates of our own to be resued in future?

Becos I have seen that these templates can somehow be imported onto Solution Manager and can be found available in the "Scope" tab of the "SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN" transaction. Certain parts(scenarios) of these templates can be used in the new projects which we are creating. In fact, it seems like the Templates are the extensions of our BPR.

As far as I understood these templates are the Best Practices supplied by SAP. In one of our SolMan 4.0 installations I saw the template for "Water Utility". Also I have seen various different Best Practice Templates available to be downloaded from SMP.

So, can you pls give me a clear differentiation b/n templates & template projects?

The way they are created.

(ii) The purpose they serve.

Please...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regds,

Alagammai.

Answers (0)