Parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes - multiple sessions

krzysztof_murkowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we changed recently the parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes to the value 12

to make more multiple sessions possible. It worked fine, but after 2 weeks

system returned to the previous behavior and is limiting the maximal number

of multiple sessions to 6. There was no system restart or patches.

The only change which I noted is upgraded SAPGUI from 620 to 640.

The system ison 7000 with Solution Manager 4.0.

Do you know if the parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes is still working in SAPGUI 640

or what could be other reason of changed behavior?

Kind regards,

Krzysztof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 6.20 you could increase the number of alt modes to 16 - from 6.40 nine sessions are the upper limit. So if it is set to 12 system resets it to default value (6). Try setting 9 - it should work.

Regs,

Filip Stankowski

http://www.icg.pl/sap

http://www.forumsap.pl/

krzysztof_murkowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks Filip, I tested SAPGUI 620 and 640 and it works exactly as you described it.

regards,

Krzysztof

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

richard_simoniii
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was testing out the profile parameter and this is what I found out.

Using NWBC 4.0 (and backend 7.31) - pull down the top menu and you will see the following:

View

Settings

Log On

Window

Help

If you choose Window and then New Window you will be able to get 6 sessions (under the same logon) if your profile parameter is the default of 6 sessions.

I also wanted to test from the pull down menu, "Log On" and after 17 separate logon sessions, I stopped. Evidently, the "Log On" entry on the menu is not subject to the parameter but this presents a problem. What if a company would like to limit the number of separate times a User can logon?

Try it if you get a chance and let me know what your experience was and if you found a remedy to limit the separate Logons.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use mutiple application servers?If so have you checked the checkbox Same on all servers in RZ11 for this profile parameter.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krzysztof,

I understand that there was no system restart for offline backups etc and you changed this parameter thru rz11.

The Only thing i feel has changed the behaviour is Upgrade of Sapgui from 620 to 640. Now you can try with logging in both the GUIs and see the effect of parameter.

SAPGUI 640 supports the parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krzysztof,

I guess the parameter is not properly saved to profile file. So check it again and save and activate instance profile with RZ10. Don't forget to reboot the server.

I hope this will help,

Hari.