Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver mailadapter with mailpackage and attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!!

My scenario is as folows:

I send via ABAP proxy an application XML and add additional plain text attachment to this. At the receiver side I use receiver mailadapter with mail-package. With my interface mapping I map application XML to mailpackage and use content-type text/HTML. I checked checkbox in adapter "keep attachments".

Result is that the mail i receive contains 2 attachments (1 HTML file and 1 .txt file). However the main body of the e-mail contains the content of the plain text file. I want to have the content of the html to be the main body of the mail. I already tried to use payload swap been however without succes because it seems that in the adapter module chain when reaching the actual mail module: sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean the main payload is switched to the plain text attachment. Also changing the sequence in the module chain did not work.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Emile

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to use mail package to create an email with attachment, the whole email, body and attachment must be inside the tag content_type.

Like in this blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

In your scenario, you should uncheck the flag "mail package".

Regards

Stefan