cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are criterias to create Config. Scenarios and Comm Channels?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose we have 10 interfaces of same kind - file to file , some of them are inbound some of them are outbound relatively to R/3.

Suppose also we have 15 File to Rfc , 5 rfc's to File .All they are interfaces communicating with external partners(that are not on our landscape)

I have few questions regarding the config in ID.

1. In the case above - what would be the criteria to create new Configuration Scenarios, how many are needed ?

2.Is it right to create Config Scenario for each Interface ?Or os it right to create all same kind if (e.g. file to file) under one Config Scenario?

3. what would be the criteria to create Communication Channels, how many are needed ?

4.Is it right approach to create 2 separate Comm channels recv/send for each separate interface?Or may be I can Reuse some communication channels from another already created interfaces - true or not?

I will appreciate your fast reply and also if you know what is the best practice..

Thanks !

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we cannot use the same communication channel for different Interface...

CC Depends upon your Interface...

if we define the Inerface in generic by default all files get picked up and sent the multiple receivers as per your configuration

Hope it helps..

Kumar.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)

The criteria to create configuration scenarios can be the kind of data that the interfaces carry. For example if there are two scenarios (FileA to FileB) and (FileA to FileC) but both the scenarios send similar data. We can create a single configuration scenario with different business systems. For each integration scenario in the repository we have to create a configuration scenario. Hence it also depends upon how you separate objects in IR.

2) I suggest to create all interfaces that carry similar data in one configuration scenario rather than interfaces with same adapter type.

3) You can create a CC for a system for a specific data. For example you have two systems A and B and A can send data of types D1 and D2 and B can send data of type C then i suggest u to create two channels for A and one channel for B.

4) Definitely it is suggested to reuse the CC keeping in mind that the change in any one of the interfaces will not affect others.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadheer,

Very very helpful reply !! So you basically create and reuse your Config scenarios and comm channel based on business data type you exchange , hence the partner you communicate with ..

Is this the best practice?.

Thank you - very good and well explained.

regards

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot. That is how we are doing currently. I hope this is a best practise unless someone points out and tells the disadvantages of the above approach. The way you design your objects in IR will also have an impact on the way you design objects in ID.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1. In the case above - what would be the criteria to create new Configuration Scenarios, how many are needed ?</i>

>>>

depends. if you want to segregate the scenarios based on their functionality or rather maybe their domain (SD, MM, FI etc) then go for diff. CS.

<i>

2.Is it right to create Config Scenario for each Interface ?Or os it right to create all same kind if (e.g. file to file) under one Config Scenario?</i>

>> something similar to my comment above. But ideally its is worth to have a diff. CS according to the functionality rather than it being file to file or something similar.

<i>3. what would be the criteria to create Communication Channels, how many are needed ?</i>

>> entirely on the scenario.if it is a file to file then u need 2 file adapters. in case it is a File to JDBC you need 1 file and 1 JDBC adapter.

One interesting point is that if you have a R3 involved then u can utilize only 1 IDoc recv. adapter, 1 recv. RFC adapter, XI adapter etc for the entire scenario

<i>

4.Is it right approach to create 2 separate Comm channels recv/send for each separate interface?Or may be I can Reuse some communication channels from another already created interfaces - true or not?</i>

>>

chk my comment above.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jon,

For the 15 File to RFC scenario u can have a Generic scenario to pick up the file and route it to the respective other scenario i.e design one common generic interface to poll the file and route it to 15 other scenario this reduces u to have onle one CC instead to have 15 communication channels and 15 receiver determinations from the file sender.

Have a look at this Blog.. <a href="/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter Generic Sender File CC Adapter</a> By Sravya Talanki

also read thru the comments of this blog to get the clear picture...

also look at my wiki... <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SingleSenderFileCC4MultipleDirectories">Single Sender File CC 4 Multiple Directories</a>

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you San,

So you said I can config all 15 file to file under one config scenario and even use same communication channel even though the partners are different? Can I use same communication channel to communicate with different b2b partners?thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

>>>

i will not suggest the same unless you have complex DT structures involved for your file.

its better to go with multiple file adapters.