cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance Availability Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure 'Instance Availability Monitoring'. Just got the CCMSPING configured and I am able to add 'Satellite Systems' under 'Monitored Systems' under RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Availability Monitoring --> Configure CCMSPING Availability Mon.

But, when I go to tcode Solution_Manager and look at the solution I created for the remote system, I am getting all alerts for different components but in the alert for instance, the alert description 'Instance Status' has ranking that shows a grey diamond which, I guess is inactive.

To throw some more light on this, under Solution_Manager--> Operations Setup --> Setup System Monitoring, I see everything that has a green check mark except two components.

A) Check CCMS connectivity: This shows the table of connected systems and their RFC destinations and status. Below are the fields of this table and their values.

System ID: <ID of the Satellite System>

Central Monitoring System: <SID of Solution Manager>

CEN Destination: NONE

CCMS Read Destination: 'SM_<Remote SID>CLNT<Client>_READ'

<u><b>Status: 'RED Error Mark'</b></u> (Legend says 'Alert is active but not accessible')

CCMS Login Destination: 'SM_<Remote SID>CLNT<Client>_TRUSTED'

B) Under SAP System <SID>, under SAP Application Server <Server>_<SID>_<Instance Nr.>, Instance Availability of <Server>_<SID>_<Instance Nr.>: This shows the table where you can activate the instance availability alerts. Below are the fields of this table and their values. This table has two entries

ENTRY 1:

<u><b>Status: 'RED Error Mark'</b></u> (Legend says 'Alert is active but not accessible)

Alert: Instance Status

Active? : 'Check box Checked'

Type: blank

And the rest of the fields of the table are blank

ENTRY 2:

Alert: Operation Mode Status

Active?: 'Check box Checked'

Type: 'Object'

And the rest of the fields of the table are blank.

When I double click on the 'Instance Status' alert shown above in ENTRY1, I get the following error message.

1. A pop-up that shows, "No properties can be maintained for the selected noes (MTE)". Once I click 'OK' to this pop-up, I can see the following error message.

2. <u><b>"Error: <SID>\System Configuration\...\<Instance Name>\Status cannot be accessed."</b></u>

Hope someone can throw some light on fixing this problem.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved this problem myself. Thank you.