cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Running

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on EP7.0, ERP2005, NW2004s. I am using

DEV portal J2EE engine = NWDI DEV + NWDI CONS + LOCAL Test Engine (for NWDS.)

I made modifications a ESS dc in NWDI. Checked out, Checked in, Activated, Released.

The CBS build was aslo successful. In NWDS, i deployed the dc using context menu and deploy. The deployment was successful. but the changes are not seen in the ESS application. Am is missing any activities? Upto here, I did not yet perform the activities for CONS system. I just wanted to see the changes before doing that.

Later, I checked the change requests into CONS. in the Assembly tab, i saw the SAP_ESS component and the change request. I tried to perform the assembbly. but the assembly is running forever. this is the first that i am doing the assembly. i can not make any further activities. please advice.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you see in the logs? 4 steps take place during assembly

Check-assembly

Repository-export

CBS-assembly

Export

Click on the details button in CMS and then you should be able to check their status.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Askatha,

Thanks for replying to me. the following is from the log file in "Repository-Export" in CMS details of the assmebly.

SAP Change Management Service

Software Component sap.com/SAP_ESS

Version JDI_ESSOrig_D.2

Label plansection_changetext

System ESSOrig-Assembly

Step Repository-export

Log E:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in\CMSgrumdi10JDI\CMS\log\ESSOrig_C@JDI\ESSOrig_C@JDI200709211947260089Repository-export.log

I also went and find the file in the directory above. Below are the details.

Info:Starting Step Repository-export at 2007-09-21 14:42:20.0542 -5:00

Info:Component:sap.com/SAP_ESS

Info:Version :JDI_ESSOrig_D.2

Info:1. PR is of type TCSChangeRequest

Info:OK : workspacedata added.

Info:Step Repository-export ended with result 'success' at 2007-09-21 14:42:20.0557 -5:00

However, the links beside

<b>CBS-assembly

Export

</b>

are grayed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like the assembly is hanging. It has not yet reached the CBS step and that's y the CBS-assembly is greyed out I guess. The log shows

"Step Repository-export <b>ended with result 'success'</b> at 2007-09-21 14:42:20.0557 -5:00"

Is the status of repository export "finished" or "running". In either case it looks like the assembly is stuck. May be you can logon to Visual Admin of the DTR and check if something is happening or you might reset the assembly status and start a fresh assmbly. You may consult the DTR team to check if something was wrong with the repository

This is what I can suggest with my little knowledge in JDI. Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any problem with the disk space of the Transport Directory?

In the default trace log, i see an error like there is no enough disk space. do you what is the disk space?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. There could be a problem with the Transport directory. Whenever an import takes place in CMS it uses the transport directory for the transports. If there is no enough space there or any other problem with transport directory there are chances of imports failing or hanging.

Answers (0)