cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Anyone knows a way to log changes in MDM?

Is there a place where MDM stores change details, not necessarily just "who" and "when"......but "WHAT".

In other words, any mechanism where by (changes to) data is logged and can be retrieved.

Thanks

Anshuman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ulf stated, change tracking can be defined via the MDM Console (see the link that he gave). Changes are written to a separate database on the same DB server which hosts the MDM repository.

At present, the MDM API's do not provide functionality for retrieving change tracking information, but MDM provides a Web-based application for viewing change-tracking records, which can be used in standalone mode, or configured for use with the other MDM iViews, or even used as a Web pane in the MDM Data Manager.

Click this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/c7b20339ee570ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm">link</a> to view the configuration and usage guide for the MDM Change Tracker.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Walter,

Do you know where I get hold of that application?

It doesn't come bundled with standard MDM pack, right?

I did look around, couldn't find any application that would fetch me the change tracking information out of the DB.

Thanks

Anshuman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is part of the MDM_WEB_UI package.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This log is only visible as a table in the DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2).

DBMS table A2i_CM_History

You can run simple sql query on this table.

Hope this helps,

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anshuman,

MDM does store all the details related to the repositories in a folder Reports.

You can find this folder wherever u have installed MDM -->> Server -->> Reports wherein u can find all the details such as Loading, unloading, Duplicating, Unarchiving etc all these details are stored in a separate XML files.

But i have no idea about the mechanism where data is logged and can be retrived.

Regards

Tejas...........

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at the Change Tracking topic in the MDM Console Reference Guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/42/e965b4f7f23ee5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

This should be what you are looking for.

Regards, Ulf.