cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Device configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I get the following error when trying to add the mobile components to the created Device Configuration.

com.sap.ip.mi.admin.core.ApplicationException:Field SEQUENCE_NO not a member of MEMGMT_APPLICATIONS_STR

Had any one had this kind of problem. Please advice

Thanks, Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey it may be simple. When you try to add the Mobile Component to the DC through NWA, it promts for the addition of a sequence no. Say no and it will make the sequence no. as 000000. You can also give something like 000001 or 000002 etc. Hope this solves ur problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera

Thanks for the reply. I tried both and for both cases I get the same error as I said before

"com.sap.ip.mi.admin.core.ApplicationException:Field SEQUENCE_NO not a member of MEMGMT_APPLICATIONS_STR"

This I get it even if I give the seq no or ignore the seq no.

Is it a configuration issue??

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all check whether your JCo RFC provider service is configured in your J2EE engine. This you can check by going to Visual Admin. In your server, got to usr\sap\<instancename>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\admin and double click go.bat. Then login as J2EE_admin. Go to services in the cluster tab ->JCo RFC Provider and see whether your ABAP stack is configured.

1.If it is not, then login to NWA through your browser as J2ee admin, go to Administration->Deploy and Change-> Select MI Scenario and then select option 02 from the Template drop down list box, click on "Execute Template" Give the necessary details in the different text boxes and click install. Do the same for option 03 and 04.

2.If your Jco RFC Provider service is already configured/or you did the above step, log into your ABAP client through SAP Logon with the User which has all sap privileges - dont use ddic or SAP*. Then goto transaction SE11 click on DATA type, type MEMGMT_APPLICATIONS_STR and click Display. Check for the field SEQUENCE_NO. If it is not there, then click on Display/Change. Here you may require an access key - ask your Basis Administrator/Consultant for the same. Add the particular field to the structure and probably....your problem will be solved.

Edit: The type of the field is :

Component Type: NUM6

Datatype : NUMC

Length: 6

Short Text: Numerical Character Field of Length 6

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about your problem, but I want to give a general suggestion. I first of all assume that you are using MI 2.5 SP 18 or higher. Please check that your device configuration is mapped to a proper "Hierarchy Group" and "Users" are mapped for the device configuration. You can check the same in the NetWeaver Administrator (http://<host>:<port>/nwa) -> Under Administration->and then -> Mobile Infrastructure. I hope that your DC works after that.

Cheers......

Edit:

Check the "Hierachy Grouping" option and add ur DC to the existing Hierarchy Group or create a new HG and assign the DC. Also check the users in the HG & DC.

Message was edited by:

Veeraraagavan R