cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Does Not Start During JAVA Add-In Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm installing Java Add-In onto ERP 2004 (Windows 2000, Oracle 9.2, Java 2 SDK 1.4.2_08).

The J2EE does not start during the installation. It gives up after some time. java -version shows the correct path.

dev_jcontrol shows the following:

[Thr 2624] Tue Aug 02 09:49:32 2005

[Thr 2624] JControlExecuteBootstrap: execute bootstrap process [bootstrap]

[Thr 2624] [Node: bootstrap] java home is set by profile parameter

Java Home: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_08

[Thr 2624] *** ERROR => JStartupIGetJDKInfo: Cannot find Java class file [./JdkDetection_3516.class]. [jstartxxi.c 899]

[Thr 2624] *** ERROR => can't get JDK information (rc=-1) [jstartxxi.c 1096]

[Thr 2624] *** ERROR => node [bootstrap] not found [jstartxx.c 1388]

[Thr 2624] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc=-18)

[Thr 2624] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = -18)

[Thr 2624] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode=-18)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were multiple versions of JDK installed - they were installed by Oracle. I uninstalled them through the softwre control panel and then checked the registry to make sure that only the correct one was there. I also took the other ones out of the system environment path variable.

Do you know what the name of the program is that allows you to set which java version is loaded? I would like to try that.

Thank you!

Denis

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But did the problem got resolved ?

I can't think of the program name right now,all i remember is that there used to be an icon on the desktop of our server which we used to invoke to choose the Active JDK version.

Will update this thread if i get access to that server again.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAVA_HOME is set and JAVA_HOME\bin is in the path.

java -version produces the right path.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, do u have multiple versions of JDKs installed ?

Maybe some earlier version is installed too ! In that case there is a program that comes along with the JDK to choose the version of the JDK that needs to be loaded into memory.

We faced this problem when we were doing our stints with JAVA Add-In wherein the system required the newest version of java where as some tool which was installed on the system required the older version.

So we used the java program to select the version to be loaded whenever the operating system tried loading the jdk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - I've already seen that note. The note says to "Update the framework", but per the Java installation guide, you cannot apply patches in the middle of an installation.

If you know of a way to do this please let me know and I'll try it!

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set JAVA_HOME variable to the jdk directory.

Regards,

Siddhesh Ghag

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 814210 might help.