Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping error Alert in Email...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Continuation of the thread.

I need to send a email if we get any error with the mapping.

I configured the ALRTCATDEF and other as mentioned in my earlier thread.

While testing the Alert in <b>SE38 using the program RSALERTTEST</b>. Getting the Email alert as a test and getting the same in RWB Alert Inbox too. But while exicuting in the real time scenario if any mapping fails their is no alert is processing in the Email or Alert inbox in the RWB.

What type of the RFC have to create. Is it TCP/IP or Abap Connections?

Let me know what I have to check and to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Check the following:-

1. Enter the userId in Fixed Recipient (Tcode-ALRTCATDEF)

2. Maintain the e-mail address for the userId (Tcode-SU01)

3. Is the SCOT configured (Tcode-SCOT)

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I did all the below. Now I am getting some error in the RFC connection while testing getting the DUMP error.

I just want to know which RFC connection I have to create is it TCP/IP or Abab connection in that what is the Program ID I have to give.

Thanks,

Jane.

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

You should create a RFC destination of type 'T' (TCP/IP).

The program id can be any name, but you should have the same in both the RFC destination and your RFC adapter.

For more info:-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Right now it seems to be the different error I am getting.

Error 9/25/07 2:17:15 AM 46f7dfe4-b1a2-612e-e100-0000ac1d0612 Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication

Error 9/25/07 2:17:15 AM 46f7dfe4-b1a2-612e-e100-0000ac1d0612 failed to send mail: java.io.IOException: server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication

9/25/07 2:17:15 AM 46f7dfe4-b1a2-612e-e100-0000ac1d0612 sending mail ...

9/25/07 2:17:15 AM 46f7dfe4-b1a2-612e-e100-0000ac1d0612 Message processing started.

It seems to be the mail adapter is down let me know how to up the Mail Adapter.

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

After changing Plain to CRAM-MD5 in Mail Recevier adapter again getting the same error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: server does not support the requested authentcation CRAM-MD5

Is their any other way to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How we can trigger the alerts in XI if any error comes like a adapter failure or reveiver not founf and mapping error.

Thanks,

Jane.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you ahev to use the conatiner variables in general for Alerts....just check there blog and c can you specific variabel available for Mapping failure

Alerts

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/da/a3a7408f031414e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Step by Step Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u need to configure alerts in ALRTCATDEF.

search for blog by Michal "Alerts step by step"

to get the alerts for both RWB and sxmb_moni,u just need to select the <i>No restriction</i> checkbox in RWB->Alert configuration for your alert rule.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nisar /Aamir,

As you guys told everything I got created. I want to know. My Question is how to trigger an alert in XI?

Ok Fine I created everything in ALRTCATDEF and specified all the email receipents. Once the error comes how I can trigger in Design time area of the Integration repository. I think using BPM we can trigger and using faulterror message. How we need to trigger.

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if all the configurations have been done correctly then alerts will be triggered automatically,you dont need to do it manually,and also no need of BPM here.

if u want to test your alerts then give some wrong data so that u get message mapping error(or any kind of error) and then see if the alerts were triggered(SLG1) and also if the mail was delivered to your mailbox

Thanx

Aamir