cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting value from xml list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to extract a specific index from an XML list in BLS (list created using the stringlisttoXMLparser) eg

If my list is

a

dse

dcsg

sdfgdfgh

dfs

sdfsd

I want to extract the third item, in this case "dcsg"

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a similar/related matter to this, can we replace the index (in this case [3]) with a local property.

I am trying to dynamically assign a column name based on the current iteration of a repeater. This will be a calculated value calculated by the following (Total no of columns - current iteration + 1). Whilst I have no problems getting this using numeric values ( which would be static ), I am having no luck using a calculated index, vis:

IlluminatorDocument_0.Output{/Rowsets/Rowset/Columns/Column[12 - Repeater_1.CurrentItem + 1]/@Name}

I have tried assigning the calculated output to a local variable as well, but to no avail.

Is my syntax correct?

TIA

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

have a look at the thread <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=6559711&messageID=4404969">Dynamic XPath</a>.

There you find the explanation how you can link the value of a property to XPath. Inside the Link editor, when opening the Expression Editor, you will also find a button "Dynamic Link" which you can use to insert properties.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

It probably will be ....../Row[3]/Item

See online XPATH tutorials for more help.