cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange message between XI and External System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am working on building an application that can exchange message with XI. I went through many documents and forums, but I found that most of them is in the boundary of XI and SAP not XI and external system. I just wonder if there is any simple code available that I can start working? Or any helpful suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks.

Kevin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Looks like you have been mislead by the documents. You could talk to any system from or to XI so long as there is an adapter available in Xi to talk to that external system.

Usually you could talk to external systems using SOAP/File adapters. One could use JDBC to talk to external databases, Java proxies to implement ur custom logic of how you want to talk to external systems.

Naveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can go for a simple Http -> XI -> DB/R/3 Scenario.

Where you need to use a ClientHttp page for testing and you may choose between a Database or any R/3 system to transfer the data.

Please go through this thread for detailed steps in a Http -> XI -> R/3 scenario:

Also you can also go for a simple File -> XI -> DB scenario, where you can pick the data to be inserted in a DB through a file from a Business system and using XI route it to the Database.

For more help, please go through this blog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

If you wish to go for a Http -> XI ->DB scenario, you need to take guidance from both the links.

<b>Happy Learning !!</b>

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Xi is an intergration tool which servers the purpose of integrating SAP with nonSAP systems.Many adapters are provided which enables to connect and transfer data (in the form of xml) to external systems.Sap can talk to .net.....pls have a look at the blog :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Sap to legacy systems(file to file scenario):

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

With database systems:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

webdynpro to xi intergartion:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/09/15/connecting-to-xi-server-from-web-dynpro

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/02/07/interfacing-to-xi-from-webdynpro

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

And the mail adapter enables you to talk to email servers:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

Hope these help you in better understanding of this tool.

Regards

Priyanka

Message was edited by: Priyanka Balagangadharan