cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Messages fail on Integration Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys!

I have an integration scenario with <b>large</b> messages going from ECC to XI (RFC -> XI -> JDBC) and these messages frequently fail on Integration Engine (inbound queue SYSFAIL).

1) Can't XI process large messages?

OR

2) Is there an integration engine configuration parameter that limits message size? (<i>I think that's not the case, because sometimes I can manually restart a message that failed on a first attemp</i>)

OR

3) Is there an integration engine configuration parameter that limits processing time of a message?

Thanks

Julio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

can u provide some details? Click on Msg at SMQ2 to get the error. Is the msg flow asynchronous or synchronous? Which kind of mapping do you use? How big (in MB) are the msgs?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo! Message is asynchronous! I use a simple message mapping! Message size is 250 MB (or more). SYSFAIL is the status of the queue In SMQ2.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

i think you can click on the sysfail to get more info. Check as well SM21 for the error. Assumedly it was too much for Java Runtime and you should find a temporary down destination AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER.

SAP note 723909 shows how to tune JVM and increase Java Heap Size.

You should control if more than one msg leads to the error. If that is the case, may be a simple change of QOS to EOIO could solve the task to avoid more than one msg processing parallel. Reducing parallel JCO server threads would be similar strategy.

A direct Java Maping could be another idea. Message Mappings will be generated to Java with a quite huge source code, a direct written mapping could be more performant / stabil.

Regards,

Udo