Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkbox Group: Individual enabling of Checkboxes

otto_boehrer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have implemented a WD component which is using several checkbox groups. Based on some user settings, I want to enabled/disable certain individual checkboxes in each of these groups, so they are selectedable or not.

For the checkbox group handling, I have bound to each of these groups a context node which I update via the binding of a table of the following structure (using method "bind_table" on that node):

types:

begin of ts_cb,

texts type string,

enabled type wdy_boolean,

end of ts_cb,

tt_cb type standard table of ts_cb.

The field "texts" is bound to the CheckBoxGroup's attribute "texts".

The field "enabled" is bound to the CheckBoxGroup's attribute "enabled".

This is the WD documentation I have used for that:

CheckBoxGroup Properties

Properties in View Designer

- "Texts"

Specifies the path of the context attribute within a context node whose node elements provide the texts of the individual checkboxes at runtime.

If you only want to select individual CheckBox entries, you require a node with the node attributes 'enabled' (of type WDY_BOOLEAN) and 'texts' in the context. You can then deactivate individual CheckBoxes by binding 'enabled' on the same node as 'texts'.

Link:

http://aiokeh.wdf.sap.corp:1080/SAPIKS2/contentShow.sap?_CLASS=IWB_EXTHLP&TMP_IWB_TASK=DISPLAY&_LOIO...

Problem: The individual checkbox enabling/disabling does not work.

Questions: Is this not possible this way? Do I misinterpret the documentation of the checkbox group? Do I have to go another way of implemenation?

Many Thanks,

Otto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

otto_boehrer
Explorer
0 Kudos

The described way of enabling and disabling checkboxes is ok, but there was a problem in the WD enviroment which is fiexed now (see also CSN note 1097412).

- Otto