cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining which map to use from RFC Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3 types of messages that need to be mapped - the one that is called and used will be based on a particular segment in the rfc ( 0 = activate , 1 = modify and 2 = delete ) Where do I set it up to hit the proper map and send the correct message across based on this value? I will have the same scenario on the way back in from the soap adapter ( activate response, modify response and delete response ) everything is asynch.

Any help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

In your Receiver Determination you can use Conditions to accomplish this. Define 3 conditions based on the content of the XML using XPath expressions.

Each condition will point to a different (receiver) service. Then you can specify a different map for each receiver.

If you're doing RFC and SOAP this will be a synchronous scenario, not asynchronous.

Thanks,

Jesse

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

The condition column helps you to put a check on the list of receivers.

When u click on the '?' besides condition u'll see the condition editor ...where u can specify left and right operands.U can then select the Xpath and choose the value in expression editor. receiver can be determined at runtime based on the value of the field given for left operand.

You can also select the context object where you need to give an arbitary string as the right operand, using which the send step after the receiver determination step in a BPM sends the messages. Messages with the matched string are collected and send.

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

As mentioned abouve you can very well use conditions in ur reciever determination. There should be three interface mapping created.Mention the conditions to route the massages in the condition editor.

Regards

Priyanka