cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atp check related to product allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please tell me what is atp check in regard to the product allocation.i have gone thru the documentation but i am not able to understand how this functionality works in sap if somebody can explain with an example

thanks and regards

vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vikas

in simple sense, atp stands for available to promise.

means: it is a functionaly in SAP that controls the availability of the sales stock.

for example, if you process a material thinking that it is available (when in reality not enough stocks are available) but when it comes to delivery u may not have sufficient quantity, then it becomes a problem for you to answer the customer since you are not able to meet up the delivery schedule.

thus to avoid this confusion during delviery, SAP has developed this control of checking the stock availabilty first before u confirm a Sale order to customer.

reward if it helps.

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh

thanx for the reply about atp this much i know but i wana know abt the atp chk in regard to this product alocation functionality like in this we maintain some info type and many more things if you can explain me in regard to product alocation and its functionality