cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using VA to redeploy J2EE web app

darcy_curtin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a simple J2EE App. I can build and deploy it in NWDS (dev studio) any number of times and application works fine.

When I install it using Visual Admin, first time application installs fine and works fine. If I remove app and restart the WAS (or reboot machine), I get errors in trying to deploy my EAR from VA.

-

Begin VA Error----

Deploy

Deploy of the ear has errors :

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application myFooCompany.com/FooApp..

Reason: Exception during generation of components of application myFooCompany.com/FooApp in container EJBContainer.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generation of components of application myFooCompany.com/FooApp in container EJBContainer.

-

End VA Error -

[At this time I can deploy EAR from Dev Studio without problems and app works properly].

More intriguing thing is if I restart WAS (after removing my eJB app) and just let WAS run for few hours and (re)deploy my EAR using VA, everything is fine no problems.

FYI: I am using "admin" user account in all cases. Is there something I can look for in "C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\log"? I looked at all latest files but nothing to say why problem is?

a) Any solutions?

b) Is there something that needs to be done when using VA differently then deploying using Developer Studio?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Question is: Why do you want to deploy from studio and from VA? That just makes no sense.

Additionally it is the reason why you get in trouble. VA goes around SDM (software deployment manager) with it's installation and because of that does not have the same information. I guess there is some version conflict.

Regards,

Benny

darcy_curtin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to clarify I am not deploying from both Studio and VA at same time.

I was initially testing it so built and deployed over and over (bugs you see) from Dev Studio without problem.

After I had final (close) build, first I removed everything existing using VA and restarted WAS and deployed from VA. The problem comes at this point when application is removed from VA, if I want to redeploy using just VA it does not work properly (as I indicated earlier).

Hope this clarification helps. I still donot see why VA should fail the way it is.

Are you saying that we should never deploy from Dev Studio but only from VA?

Answers (0)