cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REBATES RELATED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one explain about the rebates: -

1)document types R1,R2,R3,R4 and when they will use exactly and how and which scenario they will use??

2)suppose agreement entered in march07 but it should be effected from jan07 and it ends in dec07. how can we do this retroactive rebates from jan 07 to dec 07 as we entered into agreement in march07??

please send in detail.

thanks

sreedhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sailaja_vadlamudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Rebate processing

(Scenario)

A.First of all rebates are more or less discounts which are offered to customers. The rebates are based on the volume of the business the customer does with you within a specified time. for eg if the customer agrees for Rs.1 Crore worth of business with u in 1 year, then you activate your rebate process. if at the end of the year the customer DOES achieve the target u offer him say 2/3/4 % whatever is decided. The rebates are passed on to the customer in the form of Credit notes. The rebate can be given to the customer at one time or in installments also.

This is broadly the outline of the rebate process.

Note : I recommend you to study the theory part of why rebate and why not a discount.

This will help you understand better.

May be I can help you with rebate process.(IN -IMG)

1. define a rebate agreement type

2. define a condition type group

3. define a condition type and place this condition

Type in the pricing procedure.(REQUIREMENT=24)

ALSO IN THE PROCEDURE- ACCRUAL KEY = ERU

YOU ALSO HAVE TO DO THE ACCOUNT DETERMINATION FOR REBATES.

Once you have defined all the 3 and assignment starts.

Assign the agreement type to the condition type group

Assign the cond type group to the condition type.

Condition technique is also used in rebates.

REBATE ACTIVATION- IN CUSTOMER MASTER, SALES ORGANISATION AND FOR THE BILLING DOCUMENT.

After having done this please proceed to maintain the condition record for the rebates (transaction code-vbo1)

Note: if you maintain the requirement column with the requirement as 24 - the rebate will be affected in the billing document and if you don’t give the requirement as 24 your rebate will be affected in the sales order.

The rebate process is completed when you have created a credit memo to the customer.

The document type for the partial settlement is R3.

AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED A COMPLETE SALES CYCLE OF CREATION ORDER , DELIVERY AND BILLING. GO TO THE CONDITION RECORD IN CHANGE MODE (VB02) AND SETTLE THE ACCOUNT PARTIALLY.

In a simple way,

1. First you need to create a Rebate agreement.

2. Create condition record for rebate giving the rebate rate and accrual rate.

3. Wen the rebate relevant billing doc is generated, the rebate and accruals are determined and

posted in a separate GL account as a noted item - amount to be settled. Also it gets copied in the rebate agreement.

4. Ceate settlement run using credit memo request and then credit memo to settle this amount with the customer.

Settings

Logistics ® Sales and distribution ® Master data

Agreements ® Rebate agreement ® Create

Link on Rebate

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/dd/561222545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Sail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sailu !!

I know the configuration process what you have sent but i need the clarifications on rebate corrections, rebate partial payments, rebate manual accruals w.r.t R1,R2,R3,R4 with billing types B1,B2,B3,B4 etc.

please read the my question care fully.

Yours,

sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreedhar

Please try this scenario if you want to take in to account from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007 if you have created in march 2007 then in scenario you can use T code VBOF in order to update the values. not to forget enter the Validity period from 01/01/2007 To 31/12/2007.

W.R.T R1, u need create manually the rebate credit memo and also the billing document B1.

If you are settling rebate amount partially the amount should be specified in VBO2 u need to manually enter the partial amount. This R3 which will be automatically created as agreement is saved.

Please check if iam wrong please correct me.

Regards

Ramesh