Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following the blog

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30:///people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Referred to <a href="/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn:///people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn for Receiver Channel Settings.

I encountered the below error.

<b>- 2007-09-24 00:36:29 EDT:

Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=
myserver\Test.mdb;'

failed: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=
myserver\Test.mdb;':

SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x14f8 Thread 0x438 DBC 0x3d6a024 Jet'.</b>

My understanding is that no driver deployment is required for MS ACCESS so I didnot do that step.

Any idea why the connection is failing.

Also path
myserver\Test.mdb can this be my FTP path? where XI can lookup is that valid?

Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For the first practise, Vamsi go for simple file scenario.

I have done the scenario using Max DB and it works perfectly fine.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the same scenaro (HTTP to JDBC) using MS Access and its work fine without installing any drivers.(and it is also not required).

So problem is only related to your JDBC connection UR..mostly the location of .mdb file.

Alternative...use GuildFTPd FTP Deamon and make the give the path of ur databas... like C:\Test\TestDatabase.mdb

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Farooq,

Thats something interesting. Can you let me know more about that.

Email ID: vamsikrishna_a2002@yahoo.com

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has your connection been established now..Let us know the errors if not.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika,

I was unsuccessful. You were mentioning MAX DB now I can I do that do I need to download that from somewhere.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try it out with access first then you can go for Max DB

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb

just see your connection string properly.Use the template above and just put in your values

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//Place where DB is located i.e.either name or ip /db name /.....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika,

I guess I have an issue with the loacation of .MDB file thanks for all ur time I will try to put it on XISERVER and then I will come back.

Thanks,

Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the URL have mentioned the name of the database.Try accessing the DB with url you have provided.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know ur email id.. I will send u the <b>GuildFTPd FTP Deamon</b>. so that ur desktop will act as a FTP server.

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to deploy drivers for the JDBC Adapter

Since you are using access, this might be of some help.

Connecting to MS Access using receiver JDBC Adapter (Without DSN)

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monika,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have used the same blog referred by you to configure my Channel.

Now from few threads like below I concluded that we need not deploy any drivers on the servers for MS ACCESS.

Any idea why the connection is not a success.

In between my .mdb file is on the FTP Server does that help?, since XI server is in a remote location and I donot have enough authorizations to any shared folders on my server.

Regards,

Krishna.