cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I kept worthy roles and responsibilities in my resume?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying jobs on SAP BASIS. My resume is not getting shortlisted by the companies. Here I am keeping my roles and responsibilites whcih I kept in my resume. Can u please check them once and suggest me regarding this?

Support Project: Roles and Responsibilites; Kept 1 year experience in this

 Resolving the tickets, which were raised by the end users

 Defining STMS, supporting and managing transport process

 Transported programs, Tables, authorizations and User Master Records across clients and systems

 Monitoring the work processes

 Performed Client Transports between Development and Production Servers.

 Performing user administration for 40,400 users, Created authorization Profiles, Activity Groups/Roles and Users and Managing security authorizations within SAP.

 Processing, controlling and trouble shooting the issues related to the background jobs

 Daily analyzing of ABAP dumps, Systems logs, Systems Trace, Lock Entries

 Setting up operation modes.

 Performing health checkup for system and database on daily basis

 Database Backup, Restoration, Recovery & BRARCHIVE’s, Tablespace administration.

 Maintaining Spool system.

Implementation cum upgradation project: Roles and Responsibilites;

Kept 2.2 years experience in this.

 Creating Users and Maintaining User Master Record

 Creating Roles using Profile Generator tool

 Troubleshooting Authorizations Profile issues of the users

 Performing Local Remote, Client Export and Import

 Configuring RFC for Remote Client Copies

 Performing Creation of new Clients, Client copies from Development, Quality and Production systems

 Working with the Transport organizer and workbench organizer, releasing tasks and requests, checking Transport results

 Free space and adding data file & table spaces as necessary

 Applying SPAM update, Support package, technical/informative note fixes to program

 Knowledge of Kernel upgrade process

 Knowledge of Installation of SAP R/3 4.X on Windows 2000/2003 servers and on UNIX.

Can anyone suggest me regarding this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambedkar

IMHO You don't need to 'keep' any experience, if you really have it, then the proper things automatically come out on your CV.

You need to project an honest personality in your CV by claiming what you actually have rather than create a work of fiction, I am sure companies will call you if you show a desire to learn than boast about things you don't possess. If you haven't done it then you will not be able to use some keywords, as someone suggested, in your CV.

At the end of the day, as most people have suggested, this forum is not a resume building website, just google it and you will find many such sites who help you do that, for a fee of course!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambedkar,

the replies for your question are sincere and you should really consider them all. The first people who shortlist your CV are severely technically challenged! So ensure that it makes past them. Usually they look for keywords in the resume. That challenged, you can imagine!

Also, every job is different. So ensure you tweak your resume accordingly so that the relevant part of your work becomes more prominent. Another reason I have seen certain good resumes eliminated and not reaching even to the interview table is that they desperately lack in written English skills. These only some random things which came to my mind.

Bala

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually...What you keep or delete in your resume...It's up to you...We can't tell you what you need to write...It all depends on your real experience...

Greetings,

Blag.

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We <b>can</b> tell you what you

> need to write...It all depends on your real

> experience...

Hello Blag,

Did you really mean this?

Regards,

Chester

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chester:

> > We <b>can</b> tell you what you

> > need to write...It all depends on your real

> > experience...

> Did you really mean this?

Of course not LOL It was a typo error -:) Now it's fixed...Thanks for telling me -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blag,

Hope Chester <i><b>That's</b> for telling me -;)</i> accepts your <b>thanks</b> and you dont mind me pointing this typo out. I just thought it was a bit of fun, no offences intended. I am a serious fan of Blag's moderation and only wish SDN gets more moderators like you.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok...Yesterday was my typo errors day -:( Now it's fixed -:) Don't worry Jai, I'm not offended....just feeling sad for those silly typos -:P

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're applying for jobs in English you're going to get knocked back on the flaky lingo dude. Other than that the activities you list demonstrate decent experience and exposure to BASIS.