cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third party

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pros

well this is regarding a small doubt in third party sales ..

a sales order ( va01 ) -

thrgh Purchase Req raises a Purchase Order ( me21n )

ok then goods are sent by the vendor to the customer then in few cases a dummy Goods Reciet is done ( migo ) and then this billing happens ( vf01 )

ok now my doubt is there is no such SAP document which says customer recived the goods ....ofcourse there is no SAP document which says that customer recived the goods in a normal process but .... a PGI marks a creation of invoice...

what stimulates or which document which shld be considered to trigger the invoice .....if its MIGO then in the first case we are not even reciving the goods then it shouldnt be that...

please clear me .

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Once the vendor is ready to ships the goods to the customer

He call our purchasing department or sends an ASN(EDI 856) electronically.

In most of the cases this step is considered to trigger the MIGO.

--> In small business scenarios the purchasing department might wait for couple more days and call the customer for confirmation of the goods receipt and then do the MIGO.

Still you might feel there is always manual intervention at some stage if we want the exact confirmation from the end customer, If this need to be automated then

our company, the vendor, their shipping partner every one should be utilizing EDI. IN that case the vendor can send the ASN with which we can create an inbound delivery and then once the shipment was delivered to the customer the transport agent can send the electronic delivery completion notice through EDI which can be taken as reference to PGI the inbound delivery to trigger the goods receipt at our end. I haven't seen this scenario being utilized by many client, as it requires all our partners to be at same page.

This is all based on my past experience. I won't say this is the only thing that happens.

Hope you are clear.

Regards,

Ajai.

Don't forget to reward if helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

MIRO we receive invoice from the vendor then the billing happens.