cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing user for job SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS ?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in that the job SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS runs as SAP* each time and SAP* does not contain the SAP_S_RFCACL authority so it will fail trying to connect via trust relationship rfc connection for Self Diagnosis. I thought I could change the user this job runs as to my own which has the correct authority but then the job runs once with my user account and works with no errors but fails the second time as it gets recreated with user SAP*. Not sure why this is so and why it's not just a periodic job ?

Do I have to add the RFCACL authority to SAP* which I don't really want to do or is there another solution ?

I'm using SM 4.0 sps12.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelis,

try rescheduling the job SM:EXEC SERVICES and SM:SCHEDULER with the correct user ID.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Message was edited by:

Thomas Hoffmann

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, it looks like SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS is now keeping the user I set it too.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neils,

It looks like I am going through the same problem. As suggested by Thomas, I also tried to reschedule 'SM:SCHEDULER' and 'SM:EXEC SERVICES' with the correct user ID. After rescheduling the above with the correct user ID, I also changed the user ID on 'SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS'. After this, all the above jobs ran once with the changed user ID. From the second run, I found both 'SM:EXEC SERVICES' and 'SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS' switched back to the old user ID but, 'SM:SCHEDULER' is running with the corrected user ID consistently.

Another thing I found is, of the above three jobs, only 'SM:SCHEDULER' is showing "1 Hour" under 'Job Frequency'. Even though the other two jobs are running once every day, I don't see any frequency mentioned in them. Is that probably why 'SM:SCHEDULER' successfully adopted the new user? And the other two failed to do so?

From Thomas's suggestion, I kind of realize that SM:SCHEDULER and SM:EXEC SERVICES are two master jobs which in turn trigger the other SM:* jobs like SM:SELFDIAGNOSIS. Is this true? Please clarify.

NOTE: In the first para, by 'RESCHEDULING' I meant, changing the jobs from Released --> Scheduled state. Then change the user ID and save the job that would put it back to release state. THOMAS: Did you want me to do anything else?

Your timely help will highly appreciated with relevant points.

Thank you.

Answers (0)