cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating APO and BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am a Supply Chain Manager trying to understand the integration between APO and BI. I have significant technical expertise in BI and good functional expertise in APO but not much tehcnical expertise in APO.

As I understand APO and BI is integrated and it is very easy to create report in BI from APO.

Currently in our company we have SNP Planning books in which some of the key figures like "Days of supply" etc is calculated . We also have added some new fields "Supply Shortage" etc which have specific calculation in our company APO SNP implementation. Also the suppliers can change these values and save it.

As per the technical team, these calculated values are available in livecache but not in a database. As a result if we want to report these in a BI report it is not easy.

They have to write code to do the same calculation that we see on the livecache and if a user change something it has to be written back in BI in the database.

It seems to me the data in livecache is not stored (persistantly) anywhere.

Want to confirm - is that is correct? As per my understanding livecache is a version of MaxDB, so I was always thinking that the data can be stored in livecache persistantly.

Please let me know what is the easiest way to get these calculated values from SNP planning book to a BI report?

Thanks a lot for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are BAPIs to read planning books

please try BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2

SNP planning areas are structured a bit differently from DP planning areas... some are order series based KF and some are time series based....

The Days of supply KF you mention is usually a temporary KF(am not sure pl check).

Please go to the Planning area maintainance (MSDP_ADMIN) and play aroun d with the data backup/ extraction that will be on the extras tab(?)

You can also get the planning area to generate data sources and back it into BI

There will be some help here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/ca630f116211d5b3170050da385632/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

a. Make sure the respective keyfigures are in the SNP planning area.

b. The second point to remember is add those into the the respective aggregate. (9AMALO if your datasource is based on that).

c. Have a job which computes this extra time series keyfigure correctly.

BW should be able to extract from this keyfigure.

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Answers (0)