cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on applying support packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am kalyan learning sap, I have doubt in applying support packs plz kindly help me with the following doubt.

<b></b><b>On applying support packs, the sap system suddenly stoped, and after trying to logong to sap system it wont logon, than what can i do to logon to the system</b>

Plz help regarding this problem

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

applying BASIS support packs can be dangerous as it changes basic programs. always take a backup before.

if a basis support packs fails, then you may need to call SAP and ask them to run a TP command to continue support pack. then, you should be able to login again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give more detail as to what you were applying and how you were applying them? have you update your kernel?

You say you can not log in... does that mean that you get a logon screen to sap? if so have you tried SAP*? have you tried a different client? I always say update your kernel first then your support packs. support packs can be affected by the kernel. Start there and if all else fails, restore from backup.

Best Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to the OS level. Restore the offline backup which u have taken before starting support packs.

THen you system will be like before..